Are you looking for an exciting opportunity that will enhance your skill set? And are you ready to exercise those creativity muscles? If your answer is YES, then let’s connect! Acorn is looking for an individual who will not only think outside the box but also destroy the box under the designation ‘Creative Copywriter’, on a part-time basis/consultancy basis.
- Research industry and customer-related topics (combining online sources, interviews, and studies)
- Write clear marketing copy to promote our brands
- Proofread and edit blog posts and emailers before publication
- Create copy for online and offline platforms and channels
- Work with the Digital Marketing Lead for input and approval
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
- Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO guidelines to increase web traffic
- Promote content on social media
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images, and tone)
- Update website content as and when needed
- Proven work experience as a Copy Writer
- Portfolio of published articles
- Experience doing research using multiple sources
- Familiarity with web publications
- Familiarity with social media platforms
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Interested Candidates to send their applications and should include their portfolios. Failure to follow these instructions will lead to immediate disqualification.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and qualified candidates will be contacted.
Who we are
Established in 2001, Acorn has vast experience in East Africa’s real estate sector. We initially provided project management services across East Africa, and in 2006, we added development management capabilities and begun undertaking our own developments.
We have managed or developed over 50 projects, valued in excess of US$ 550 million, including some of the most iconic development projects in the region, such as the former Coca-Cola Regional Headquarters and the Deloitte head office in Nairobi, Kenya.
In 2015, we formed Acorn Holdings Limited (AHL) together with leading Africa focused private equity firm – Helios Investment Partners. This partnership enabled us to refocus and our current strategy is on developing and managing high quality and affordable rental accommodation, starting with purpose-built student accommodation (PBSA), for university and college students.