In this time of national reckoning, we at Food52 are having hard conversations about our role in a food media landscape that overlooks marginalized voices. We're committed to building a community that values and honors the contributions of the Black, Indigenous, and POC communities to our shared culinary experience—starting with the Food52 family. You can read about our support of the Black Lives Matter movement here.
As part of an ongoing initiative, we are focusing our efforts to put diversity, equity, and inclusion at the center of our hiring process and our company culture—and build a team that better reflects our desire for equal representation in everything we do. Our goal is systemic change at Food52.
Food52 is an award-winning innovator in the kitchen and home space, using a unique commerce, content and community business model to reach a community of over 24 million cooks and home enthusiasts. We’re passionate about giving our deeply-engaged audience everything they need to eat thoughtfully and live joyfully.
We’re currently seeking a full-time Copy Lead to join our growing Team. Reporting to the SVP, Content this position will lead an agile in house copywriting team and be responsible for leading and inspiring our talented copy teams while developing strong cross-functional relationships with the Design, Editorial, and Marketing. This is a hands-on role for an experienced copy director who loves to find exactly the right word for the right asset.
- Detail-oriented: Someone who pays attention to every detail, and who runs a tight ship. Someone who sees efficiencies without compromising quality and manges timelines very well
- Storyteller: You dementionalize concepts and products and bring them to life for a broad audience, on a variety of channels and platforms
- Collaborative: You’re a master at getting things done cross-functionally and believe it’s about the team, not the individual.
- Entrepreneurial: You bring experience and instinct, an abstract thinker who thrives in a growth environment. Someone who is comfortable with change and adaptable.
- Ensure consistency in brand messaging across all platforms (digital, print, video) and touchpoints (advertising, in-store, events).
- Lead the copy department, overseeing staffing, assignments, freelancers and process. Ensure all assets help support the goals of our partner teams in marketing, commerce, and content.
- Nurture a department that’s best-in-class at marketing content, branding, and traditional e-commerce copywriting including maintaining SEO standards, email best practices and print mailer expertise.
- Partners with design to create compelling creative concepts and brand position decks with strong storytelling viewpoints.
- Collaborates with legal on claims and registrations
- Collaborate with Product and Design on landing, product description and category pages.
- Oversee conception and execution for cross-channel brand initiatives in conjunction with Audience Growth channel leads and Creative Director.
- Ensure the Food52 core brand voice remains strong but always evolving, with an eye toward growth, representation, and accessibility to make this a welcoming, inclusive place for home cooks and homebodies of all backgrounds.
- Experience running a high volume inhouse copy team
- SEO and Ecommerce experience
- Network of copy and digital design freelancers
- Ability to influence up and across in matrixed organizations
- Strong point of view on copy and brand best practices while championing collaboration and working with internal and external stakeholders, specifically design
- Ability to prioritize multiple high-priority tasks, manage your day-to-day schedule, and hit deadlines consistently
- Excellent communication skills
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision benefit options (including some that are free for you!), flexible spending account, and any-time access to professional mental health advice
- Annual bonus plan
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Free life and AD&D insurance
- Unlimited vacation days (including two company-wide weeks off for Summer Week & Winter Week!)
- Fitness subsidies
- Pre-tax commuter benefit plan
- Flexible hours and working arrangements
- Employee discount and exclusive access to Food52 Shop products
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample that illustrates your omni-channel campaign work.
Food52 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of one's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law.
All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics. Food52 will consider qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local "Fair Chance" laws.