Siege Media is growing! We were nationally recognized on Inc.’s Best Workplaces list and the Inc. 5000 list, highlighting the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in America. Interested in joining the Siege team? We currently have a spot open for a talented Part-Time Copy Editor to help us continue to deliver great content for our clients. Our goal is to make the web a better place by generating content that solves the problems of hundreds of thousands of people each month with the power of search.
We have offices in San Diego, Austin, and New York City. This part-time position will be remote (U.S. applicants only) but if you are located in any of these areas, you will have access to the office and there may be occasional team meetings held when safe to do so. Learn more about working at Siege by watching our careers video and experiencing our culture on Instagram.
Siege Media values diversity. We encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, non-binary, parents, and those with disabilities to apply. Through our “health, then work” philosophy we are committed to helping all people succeed at Siege. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete our application or interview process, please let us know.
- Prepare, rewrite, and edit copy in order to improve upon it.
- Read copy to identify and correct errors in spelling, grammar, and syntax.
- Understand a variety of client style and copy guidelines and check for tone and voice.
- Fact-check copy to ensure that all dates, names, statistics, and facts are correct.
- Identify ways to improve the structure and flow of content.
- Act as the final stamp of approval on all assigned client copy.
- Educate other staff members who are responsible for written work, including freelance writers.
- Develop and execute approved client content with minimal supervision.
- An eye for detail with a heavy focus on editing and AP style.
- Experience writing for the web, with a focus on digital content including long- and short-form, infographics, and interactives.
- Goal-orientated with the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and work independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to form productive working relationships.
- Experience using the Google tool suite.
- 1–2 years in an editor role at a digital publication.
- B.S. or similar degree in English, journalism or similar field.
- Basic SEO knowledge
- Understanding of HTML/CSS and comfortable uploading content to WordPress.
- Experience collaborating and giving guidance on design and UX best practices.
Pay for this position is $18.00-$22.00/hour DOE. This position is part-time (20 hours/week), with the opportunity to grow into a full-time role with strong performance.