Are you a detail-oriented, experienced copy editor? Do you have experience editing technical or otherwise complex topics? Are you familiar with following house style guides, as well as CMS? Are you a quick learner and adapt easily to new styles?
We're looking for a copy editor to join our roster! Draft.dev has a robust editing process, from tech reviewers to developmental editors to copy editors, to ensure that our content reaches a high level of polish before we submit it to our clients. Our copy editors ensure that every article has a final polish before our clients see them.
About the Company
Draft.dev is a content marketing agency focused on creating in-depth, technical content for growing technology startups. We work with subject matter experts from around the world to create tutorials, blog posts, and e-books for our clients. Founded in 2020, we're a small but quickly growing team of technologists, writers, marketers, editors, and designers.
We'd Like Someone Who Can
- Follow a house style guide closely
- Quickly learn Markdown or is already familiar with it
- Edit grammar, capitalization, punctuation according to our house style as well as CMS and Merriam Webster
- Edit complex technical topics
- Regularly turn material around within 5 business days
- 3+ years of professional copy editing, preferably in technical or comparably complex subject matter
- Know the difference between line editing and copy editing
- 10–20 work hours available per week
- Deliver reliably on deadlines
- Be able to adhere easily to house style within a month
- Comfortable in all-remote environment
- Work directly with Draft.dev developmental editors and lead editor
- Flexible hours, location, and (almost always) asynchronous work
- $35/hour starting pay rate
- Help shape the direction of a quickly growing small business and help our freelance writers improve their skills
- Submit your application. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are only able to respond to applicants we plan to move forward with.
- Top applicants will be asked to complete a paid trial assignment.
- You'll join a 30-minute intro call to learn more about our process and team.
Ready to Apply?
Questions? Email email@example.com for more information.