We're looking to build our base of contributing writers for our daily email and our new paid subscription Trends service. As a Hustle contributor, you'll be responsible for producing smart, witty takes on the day's business news, and analyzing emerging business trends for our weekly Trends email.
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute to our daily pitch meetings, helping us brainstorm interesting business and tech stories and new email formats that will inform and entertain our daily newsletter readers.
- Write 1-2 daily stories (150-200 words each) or pitch engaging content for the next day’s email.
- Pitch and write short- to medium-length pieces for our new subscription service.
- Suggest stories for our originally produced Sunday long reads.
What You’ll Bring:
- Desire to change the digital media landscape.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in the digital media space.
- Background or degree in writing or journalism.
- Passion for influencing and impacting the world through creative storytelling.
- Deep familiarity with The Hustle voice.
- Ability to submit outstanding work on ambitious deadlines.
- An eye for humor and wit.
- Soft spot for startup, business, and pop culture news.
- Coachability and willingness to improve.
- Experience creating GIFs or using Photoshop or other image editing software.
- Get sh\*t done attitude.
How to Apply
Please submit 3 writing samples, a resume, and cover letter (500 words or less) explaining how you'd crush this job, including any creative ideas for audience engagement.
This is a part-time, contract position. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds.
*Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role.