$0.33 - $0.45 per word depending on experience, 9000+ words per month
Are you an authoritative writer with a background in journalism, English, and software? Do you hack around with Python scripts and a Raspberry Pi on the weekends? Are you excited about setting up interviews and getting quotes from interesting thought leaders in the tech world?
If so, we've got a role for you!
About the Company
Draft.dev is a content marketing agency focused on creating in-depth, technical content for growing technology startups. We work with subject matter experts from around the world to create tutorials, blog posts, and e-books for our clients. Founded in 2020, we're a small, but focused team of technologists, writers, marketers, editors, and designers.
And now we're looking for someone to join as a regular contract writer.
We'd Like Someone Who Can
- Understand complex technical topics at a high level
- Perform detailed research
- Find and interview sources (technology team leaders, software engineers, and data scientists)
- Write with a genuine, persuasive, and authoritative style
- Consistently deliver high-quality written work on deadline with a positive attitude and learning mindset
The Kind of Content You'll Write
Here are some examples of the types of articles you'll be responsible for writing each month. While you probably won't know everything about these topics, you'll be responsible for researching each topic and finding suitable sources to help you create authoritative content surrounding software development and leadership:
- The Case for Codeless Testing
- Bring Your Own Cloud: Introduction to Bitmovin Cloud Connect Encoding
- Too Big for Shopify and Too Fast for Salesforce?
- How to Find a CTO: Tips for Non Technical Founders
- 23 Alternative Career Paths for Software Developers
- What the "No-Code" Movement Means for Software Developers
You may also have to work with developers or source code samples occasionally. You don't have to be an expert coder, but you should be able to scan a piece of code and get some idea about what's going on.
- 6-10 ~1500-word articles per month (depending on your availability)
- Consistent 1-2 day turnarounds on edits (usually 1-2 rounds per article)
- Weekly editorial planning meeting for each month's assignments
- Flexible hours, location, and (almost always) asynchronous work
- Competitive pay rate, $0.33-$0.45 per word (depending on experience)
- Regular feedback from our editor and subject matter experts
- Work directly with Draft.dev's founder
- Help shape the direction of a quickly-growing small business