Higher Learning Technologies (HLT) is accepting applications for contract writers with strong subject-matter expertise in multiple nursing settings and experience across client populations.
Contracted writers will write, edit, review and/or categorize nurse practitioner test-prep questions and detailed rationales based on writing guidelines provided by HLT and current test blueprints for the national licensure examinations. They will ensure content accuracy and clarity while adhering to the writing guidelines.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a nurse practitioner experienced in direct client care or academic setting.
- Have a current advanced practice nursing license.
- Possess excellent writing and editing skills and a good understanding of English grammar and punctuation.
- Be open to and show the ability to learn from constructive feedback.
- Have 10–20 hours per week to devote to completing an assignment.
Contractors may be assigned any or all of the following tasks and will be paid per approved item:
- Edit and/or revise items to meet provided guidelines ($24 per item).
- Write original items, including rationales and source references, to meet provided guidelines ($30 per item). A well-written item takes approximately one hour to produce.
Work is done remotely. Long-term writing opportunities may be available to contractors who demonstrate the ability to write superior FNP exam practice items.
Résumé and sample item required for consideration.