As an Australian Content Writer working on resources suitable for the National Australian Curriculum, you will have experience teaching in Australia across the primary age range and strengths across the curriculum, with specific experience in SEN. You will develop new areas of innovative resources to address the National Australian Curriculum and needs of SEN teachers and students, also creating assessment resources as well as responding to user requests.
Your content will be turned into a finished product for Twinkl by our highly skilled design team. These roles do not require you to work from the Twinkl office although you must be available for face-to-face meeting over webcam once a month. The hours can be worked whenever suits you as long as the hours are completed within each week. If you are working from home, you will need to provide your own device to work on and a reliable, high-speed internet connection. We are looking for working teachers (part-time or casual relief) who can do this around their teaching.
- A detailed knowledge of the Australian Curriculum
- Knowledge and experience teaching SEN
- Creative approach to lesson planning and resources
- Fresh ideas and a good insight into what Australian teachers want and need, and how to execute this
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
- Good spelling and grammar
- Is good fun to be with and has the ability to communicate well with others
- Is organised, able to work to deadlines, and manages time effectively
- Is able to communicate with colleagues and our external partners effectively, both written and verbally
- Has a hard work ethic, is passionate, driven and loves what they do
- Is honest, trustworthy and reliable
- Produces quality work and is ready to learn new skills
Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum of three Band 5 HSC results, including one in English, A to C
- Completed an accredited four-year teaching degree, such as a Bachelor of Education (Primary), or a combined or double degree such as a Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Education (Primary)
- Or - Completed an undergraduate degree (such as Bachelor of Arts or Science) and then complete an accredited graduate entry teaching degree such as a Master of Teaching (Primary)
- 2 years of active teaching in a primary school, with specific experience in SEN
How to Apply…
Along with your CV, please submit a cover letter that states your current job title and responsibilities, examples of how you meet the job description and person specification, an example of how you’d demonstrate one of the Twinkl values in the role.
Please get in touch: [email protected]