Be part of shaping the next-gen travel platform that lets you design, share and book your complete trip to Africa from the comfort of your phone.
We are a passionate team of professionals promoting nature-based tourism in Africa. We love nature and we believe in travel as a force for positive impact.
Our product – including content – is created by Millennials for Millennials and our style guidelines reflect our personality, which is fresh and innovative.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Content Writer Intern (English). You will play a key role in the success of our start-up. This is reflected in our “work hard, play hard” attitude :) If you are a super creative grammar nerd, have an eye for detail and accurate spelling, we want you!
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Researching, creating and editing inspiring English content for various platforms, including social media, blogs, newsletters and our website
- Ensuring consistency of Viatu’s tone of voice across all types of content
- Collaborating closely with our marketing and design team to publish polished blog posts
- Conceptualising and brainstorming content ideas according to our customers' needs
- Conducting keyword research and implementing SEO best practices to increase organic traffic
You’ll Bring To Viatu
- A healthy disrespect for the impossible, a mean hunger to learn new things and a desire to get out of your comfort zone
- A finished or ongoing bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, journalism or related field
- A knack for research and writing as well as the ability to adapt to different writing styles
- Excellent writing, editing and problem-solving skills
- English is your native language
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- An incurable case of wanderlust, passion for travel and African wildlife
- A heart for sustainability and a deep care for our environment
- A basic understanding of SEO
- Good knowledge of the Google Suite (incl. hangouts, docs, slides and sheets)
- Google Analytics certification
- Working knowledge of content management systems
- Travel writing experience
- Preference is given to candidates in the same time zone as Switzerland
4-6 month fixed term internship; full time (5 days per week)
- Your work will directly affect the growth of our business and we are only getting started. Joining us means you’re part of reinventing the way we travel today
- Right from the start, you are given a lot of responsibility
- You will master new skills that you can actually use in real life such as content management, SEO and copywriting for digital platforms
- You will collaborate with and learn from industry-leading experts, ex-Googlers, start-up veterans and creative masterminds
- Flexible working environment from the comfort of your couch. Yes, that's right. It's the new corona standard - working from home with your Ben & Jerry's and no one to judge you ;)
- The most epic benefit: You will receive great travel discounts upon website launch for you and your family to explore Africa
- A salary of CHF 500/month
Buckle your seatbelt and join us for an epic ride!
We are curious to get to know you better.
Please enclose your CV as well as some writing examples you are especially proud of.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Your Viatu Tribe
Viatu is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.