Be part of shaping the next-gen travel platform that lets you design, share and book your complete trip to Africa from the comfort of your phone.
We are a passionate team of professionals promoting nature-based tourism in Africa. We love nature and we believe in travel as a force for positive impact.
Our product – including content – is created by Millennials for Millennials and our style guidelines reflect our personality, which is fresh and innovative.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Content Writer Intern (English). You will play a key role in the success of our start-up. This is reflected in our “work hard, play hard” attitude :) If you are a super creative grammar nerd, have an eye for detail and accurate spelling, we want you!
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Researching, creating and editing inspiring English content for various platforms, including social media, blogs, newsletters and our website
- Ensuring consistency of Viatu’s English tone of voice across all types of content
- Collaborating with our marketing and design team to publish polished blog posts
- Conceptualising and brainstorming content ideas according to our customers needs
- Conducting keyword research and implementing SEO best practices to increase organic traffic
You’ll bring to Viatu
- A healthy disrespect for the impossible, a mean hunger to learn new things and a desire to get out of your comfort zone
- A finished or ongoing bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, journalism or related field
- A knack for research and writing as well as the ability to adapt to different writing styles
- Excellent writing and editing skills, problem-solving skills as well as a superb grasp of (and flair for) the English language
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- An incurable case of wanderlust, passion for travel and African wildlife
- A heart for sustainability and a deep care for our environment
- A basic understanding of SEO
- Good knowledge of the Google Suite (incl. hangouts, docs, slides and sheets)
- Google Analytics certification
- Working knowledge of content management systems
4-6 month fixed term internship; full time (5 days per week)
- Your work will directly affect the growth of our business and we are only getting started. Joining us means you’re part of reinventing the way we travel today
- Right from the start, you are given a lot of responsibility
- Flexible working environment from the comfort of your couch. Yes, that's right. It's the new corona standard - working from home with your Ben & Jerry's and no one to judge you ;)
- You will master new skills that you can actually use in real life such as content management, SEO and copywriting for digital
- You will collaborate with and learn from industry-leading experts, ex-Googlers, start-up veterans and creative masterminds
- The most epic benefit: You will receive great travel discounts upon website launch for you and your family to explore Africa
Buckle your seatbelt and join us for an epic ride!
We are curious to get to know you better.
Please send your CV as well as some writing examples you are especially proud of to: email@example.com
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Your Viatu Tribe