*Who we are: *
Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet—and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, London, San Antonio, Spokane and remote locations. We’ve got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones—and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we’re committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people—and that starts with our employees.
Who We're Looking For
We're looking for a Content Writer/Editor to join the Rover Skills and Knowledge Program Management team based in Barcelona.
In this role, you'll equip customers and employees with the knowledge they need to navigate using Rover’s platform and services by writing compelling, high-quality articles for the Rover Help Center and in Rover’s internal knowledge management system. You’ll act as a key link between our engineering, product, marketing, and internal operations teams to fill content gaps that drive self-service on the platform. You’ll also equip our customer-facing agents to succeed in their roles by writing and editing our internal workflow, policy, and process documentation and job aids using SME support and source materials.
Can you communicate complex information clearly and concisely without relying on jargon? Are you passionate about solving problems and improving customer and employee experiences? Let’s chat!
- Write, edit, and optimize articles for the Rover Help Center and Rover’s internal employee knowledge management system (Confluence)
- Proactively identify and action content needs for all Ops audiences, by partnering with product, marketing, PR, engineering, and Ops leaders
- Prepare content for localization efforts
- Manage content-related projects for multiple stakeholders
- Identify and action process improvements and tool optimizations
- Use data to measure content performance and drive better results
- Make strategic choices about knowledge base organization and logic that enables employees to find what they need when they need it
- 2 to 5 years of experience writing and editing customer and employee-facing content
- Experience working with a team of product/program managers and managing stakeholders at various levels
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Thrives working within ambiguity and comfortable with a high degree of autonomy
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner
- Customer-focused (advocates for the customer experience)
- Experience working at a tech company or in a startup environment
- Experience working in a marketplace or B2C organization
- Experience working with customer support teams
Benefits of Working at Rover.com
- Competitive compensation
- Permanent contract
- Stock options
- Private health insurance
- Gym allowance
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Monetary help for adopting a dog plus yearly credit to use on our platform
- Flexible work hours, sometimes you’ll need to be in at certain times, but on the whole, we’re pretty flexible when it comes to managing workload and time
- Grab snacks, fresh fruit, in our kitchen to keep yourself going (currently on hold due to COVID-19)
- Free Tuesday breakfast and every other Thursday free company lunch (currently on hold due to COVID-19)
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, game nights, and more (currently on hold due to COVID-19)
Due to COVID-19, Rover Employees are not required to be in office until Q2 2022 at the earliest.
Please submit your CV in English.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are committed to work with you to look for reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.