The Center for Excellence in Higher Education (CEHE) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah.
CEHE operates degree-granting career colleges throughout the western United States and online. The college brands include Stevens-Henager Colleges in Utah and Idaho; CollegeAmerica in Colorado and Arizona; California College San Diego, and Independence University (online platform).
All of the colleges are accredited by ACCSC, a national accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. The colleges offer degree programs from the Associate’s level through the Master’s level in a variety of disciplines including Computer Science, Graphic Arts, Business/Accounting, Nursing, and Healthcare.
CEHE is an at-will employer.
Content Writer/Editor I
In support io this, the Content Writer/Editor I is responsible to create career-relevant, original content for IU course curriculum from source materials and provide basic editing to internal clients, including: substantive, line, copy, and proofing.
- Will assist other Curriculum Development Team members with content writing
- Create original content on many subjects utilizing source material to construct Open Educational Resources (OER)—primarily HTML5-based e-textbooks using provided authoring tools.
- Develop content to meet course objectives and regulatory expectations
- Physical demands - sitting at a desk with intermittent walking, standing; for up to eight hours, bending, and occasionally lifting objects (up to 15 pounds). Work is performed primarily in a home workplace.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in English, Writing, or a related field
- Two years of professional experience in creative writing, technical writing, or business writing
- Strong writing skills, particularly with crafting summaries and concise passages from sets of source material
- Strong research skills
- Strong editing skills, particularly creative non-fiction and non-fiction
- Strong personal management skills
- Ability to communicate well both written and verbally
- Exceptional collaboration is required
- Experience working in online writing or editing environments
- Computer skills including MS Office suite
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Computer skills including Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience with Canvas or other learning management systems preferred
- Experience in instructing or course creation in higher education environments
- Experience working in writing collaborations
- Experience managing projects
- Project management
- Problem solving
- Working in high-stress situations
- Communications proficiency
- Business acumen
- Collaboration skills
- Time management skills
- Writing and editing skills
This specification is intended to indicate management’s designation of the position’s essential functions, which include the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions given this title, and shall not be construed as declaring the entire description of specific duties and responsibilities of any particular positions. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
The use of a particular expression or illustration describing such duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. All positions, unless otherwise noted in an offer letter, are 40-hour a week positions, and regular and predictable job attendance is a requirement for all positions. Ability to competently perform all essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation; a demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery; and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or workgroup are basic requirements of all positions at CEHE. This job description is subject to change at any time.
We are People-Focused - We respect the intelligence and potential of each staff member. We provide a working environment that permits freedom to think, speak, disagree, innovate, create, and initiate. We value and admire ambitious and productive people, and we protect them, encourage them, and create a climate in which they flourish. We love, recognize, and reward producers and performers. In return, we require our employees to have a strong work ethic and be productive. We recruit broadly and select the highest caliber people available - ambitious, knowledgeable, and talented managers, instructors, admissions consultants, and administrators.
Sound Values and Virtues - The ethical conduct of our employees is of supreme importance. We hold the following as values and virtues: rationality, purpose, innovation, productiveness, profit, honesty, integrity, justice, and pride. These values are the core of our ethical code. To be ethical means to apply, to work by, and to live by these values and virtues.
CREDO - We are dedicated to helping our students graduate and get a much better job sooner. This is our mission. We pledge to provide the finest career education possible and to graduate satisfied students who have greater knowledge, skills, and self-esteem in the shortest possible time. Our education is high value, clear, and interesting and achieves the highest level of learning and achievement for students. We want to deliver twice as much in half the time.
CEHE is a drug-free environment and we perform drug testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer - We are an equal opportunity employer. No employee, or applicant for employment, shall be discriminated against in any term or condition of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or sexual orientation. We are constantly striving to make our colleges the best they can be. As an employee, you become part of that mission. We expect a commitment that you will be the best you can be.
I have reviewed the above job description, which sets out the essential job functions of my position, and certify that I can perform all the essential functions with or without an accommodation. If I need an accommodation to perform the essential functions of my job due to a physical or mental impairment, I agree to notify my manager immediately and agree to cooperate with the Company to identify reasonable accommodations that will allow me to perform the essential functions of my job in a satisfactory manner. I further agree to contact Human Resources if I am concerned that the interactive process or the offered accommodations do not adequately address my needs.