Nonprofit Megaphone is a remote, home-based company dedicated to helping nonprofits thrive. We help organizations acquire and manage the Google Ad Grant to help nonprofits tell their story to a global audience.
We’re looking for a talented writer who is organized, friendly, goal-oriented, and detail-oriented to do research and write blog articles and/or content-driven landing pages for our clients.
Our team is 100% remote, so we are one of the few companies where working from home is the rule, not the exception. Because we are remote, we take team culture very seriously. We love chatting with each other over Slack, our internal instant messaging system, and we get together for an (optional) in-person retreat once a year.
This role will involve researching and writing in-depth blog articles and creating content-driven landing pages on topics related to the missions of our clients.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Working closely with our clients to research relevant topics and content for a blog and/or landing page.
- Researching and writing 750+ word blog posts or ~300-word landing pages with appropriate and searchable keywords.
Qualifications, Skills, and Education
- Bachelor’s degree (Required)
- Excellent research skills
- Understanding of SEO optimization preferred but not required
- Comfortable with technology, including competence with computers, Google Docs, Google Sheets, website structure, and the willingness to go outside of your comfort zone to learn more.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently in a remote setting.
- Excellent grasp of the English language, including spelling, rules of composition, and proper grammar.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good time management skills and an environment that supports working remotely.
- Ability to meet quality standards.
- Ability to receive constructive criticism and feedback on your work and a constant willingness to improve.
- Ability to stay organized, juggle multiple priorities, and complete tasks quickly and accurately.
- Strong need for attention to detail and the ability to proofread your own work quickly and accurately.
- Always follow our core values: Honorable, Results, Team-Player, Go-Getter, and No Drama (Llama)
Pay and Incentives
- $12/hour, evaluated for an increase to $13.80/hour and employment status after 90 days
- Health reimbursement plan
- Full-time status after 90 days with paid time off
Note to Applicants
If you have read this far, congratulations! You are already ahead of the game. To demonstrate your diligence, please explain in your application what our company does as best you understand it, in your own words.
Applications that do not include this description in their cover letter will not be considered, we use this as a screening mechanism. So if you do actually do this part, you will be head and shoulders above the rest!
This position begins as a contract (1099) role and converts to employee status (W2) after 90 days.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Pay: $12.00 per hour
- Schedule: Monday to Friday
- Application Question(s): Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- Education: Bachelor’s (Required)
- Experience: SEO: 1 year (Preferred); Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Work Location: Fully Remote
- Work Remotely: Yes