Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How You’ll Make an Impact
This role is for a creative, analytical and versatile writer who will be working closely with our Content Marketing Manager and SEO agency to deliver industry-leading content for small businesses and accounting & bookkeeping professionals. You'll be writing articles, guides, FAQs and web pages to support marketing campaigns and initiatives whilst also supporting marketing managers with their campaigns.
What You’ll Bring
- Excellent written communication skills including grammar and punctuation.
- Strong verbal skills to communicate with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent proofreading skills.
- An understanding of SEO best practices.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Experience of technical writing or writing for web and marketing campaigns.
- Writing in plain English and a solid understanding of writing for user needs.
- A strong understanding of how to write for accountants and bookkeepers or small businesses.
What’s in It for You?
- 6 Month FTC.
- Top-spec MacBook or HP Z-book.
- 23 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (plus an extra 3 days over the Christmas period!)
- 10 days Wellbeing Leave (for sickness, emergencies and taking a mental health break)
- Company Pension Scheme (matched contributions up to 4.5%)
- A range of wellbeing initiatives.
- Hybrid, Remote and Flexible Working.
- And lots more!
What Makes a Great Team? A Diverse Team!
Don’t be put off if you don’t tick all boxes; we know from research that candidates may not apply if they don’t feel they are 100% there yet; the essential experience we need is experience in content writing. If you don’t tick the rest we would still love to talk.
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture that is equitable for all!
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package with benefits that support a range of lifestyle choices and requirements and the opportunity to participate in Xero’s success through our Long Term Incentive scheme. Xero has rapidly expanding offices in London, Milton Keynes and Manchester and our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, and Disability Confident committed. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.