Location: Work from home (must be based in Australia)
Annual Salary: $25 AUD per hour (as a self-employed contractor you will be responsible for your own tax)
Hours: 15 hours per week
Contract: 6 months fixed-term
Hiring Manager: Laura Baron-Seaton
Recruiter: Michael Jordan
As an Australian Content Writer working on resources suitable for the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF), you will have experience teaching in Australia across the early years (birth to five years of age) and their transition to school.
You will develop new areas of innovative resources to address the Early Years Learning Framework and needs of early years teachers and students, also creating play and inquiry based resources, as well as responding to user requests.
Your content will be turned into a finished product for Twinkl by our highly skilled design team. This role does not require you to work from the Twinkl office although you must be available for face-to-face meeting over webcam once a month.
The hours can be worked whenever suits you as long as the hours are completed within each week. If you are working from home, you will need to provide your own device to work on and a reliable, high-speed internet connection. We are looking for working teachers (part-time or casual relief) who can do this around their teaching.
- A detailed knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and the Australian Curriculum
- Creative approach to play and inquiry based resources
- Fresh ideas and a good insight into what early years teachers want and need, and how to execute this
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
- Good spelling and grammar
- Is good fun to be with and has the ability to communicate well with others
- Is organised, able to work to deadlines, and manages time effectively
- Is able to communicate with colleagues and our external partners effectively, both written and verbally
- Has a hard work ethic, is passionate, driven and loves what they do
- Is honest, trustworthy and reliable
- Produces quality work and is ready to learn new skills
- A minimum of three Band 5 HSC results, including one in English, A to C
- Completed an accredited four-year teaching degree, such as a Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood/ Primary), or a combined or double degree such as a Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood/ Primary)
- Or - Completed an undergraduate degree (such as Bachelor of Arts or Science) and then complete an accredited graduate entry teaching degree such as a Master of Teaching (Early Childhood/ Primary)
- 2 years of active teaching in the early years.
Qualifications & Experience
- A friendly, welcoming and supportive culture. We believe work should be fun and always put people before process.
- Flexible working with opportunities to work from home.
- Diversity, inclusion and belonging - our Employee Network Program includes working groups for LGBTQ+, Black and Minority Ethnic, Disabilities (visible and invisible), Women in Tech and Working Parents.