At Thread, our mission is to make it easier for people to dress well, and our content plays a huge part in that. Through our blog articles, social media content, and onsite copy, we share expert-level style advice with our customers, so that they have the insights they need to dress with confidence. With our content writer role, you’ll have an exciting opportunity to be a part of that process and to help establish our tone of voice as one of the things that differentiates us from other retailers.
What Sets Our Content Apart
- We use our content as a means to debunk old-school style myths that only limit personal style
- We feature non-models in all of our editorial shoots to make our content feel reflective of the world we live in
- We always look for opportunities to personalise our content, and as part of that, we tailor many of our articles and emails to our users’ unique preferences.
- We don’t settle for generic, filler copy. We want our copy to always feel useful, meaningful, and human.
What This Role Is All About
We’re on the look out for a talented writer with a discerning eye for grammar, an affinity for personalised storytelling, and a knack for distilling complicated style advice into digestible information. This role would be responsible for the following:
- Writing several editorial articles per week for our blog, Style Tips
- Collaborating with our styling team to ensure we sharing the most relevant style advice with our customers
- Overseeing the copy on our Ideas Feed, which consists of shoppable outfit ideas and style advice. This is the first thing customers see every time they visit our site and one of the elements that makes what we do completely unique in the industry.
- Managing and editing a small team of freelance writers who contribute to the Ideas Feed.
- Overseeing and contributing to our organic social media channels, including Instagram, Facebook, and twitter
- Being a guardian of our tone of voice, helping to push it in exciting new directions
What We Are Looking For In An Ideal Candidate
- 2-4 years editorial experience at a retailer or fashion publication
- Experience editing and proofreading copy Demonstrated ability in creative writing
- An exceptional eye for grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Knowledge of key social media trends and strategy
- A keen interest in retail and fashion
- An openness to feedback and constructive criticism
- A desire to work for a fast-paced startup Ability to proactively prioritize, manage, and complete multiple projects within time constraints and with strong attention to detail.
- Strong communications skills and ability to work effectively across multiple teams
- Proficiency in using Content Management Systems and Google slides, sheets, and docs
Benefits Of Working at Thread
- A competitive salary and a generous equity stake in the company (you're working hard to make the company successful, so we believe you should share generously in the reward!)
- The chance to break new ground and develop cutting-edge techniques for acquiring new customers online
- Learn from some of the best people in the industry by working directly with our exceptional team: Kieran O’Neill (CEO) has built two products that scaled to millions of users; Ed Snelson (Head of Data Science) worked on some of the hardest machine learning challenges at Bing; Tom May (Head of Product & Growth) led growth at Songkick; Alexandra Allcott (Head of Brand) helped built some of the world’s biggest brands at Wieden+Kennedy; Terry Betts (Head of Business Development) ran the £500m menswear business at Selfridges and co-founded Mr. Porter; etc
- The chance to solve hard problems in a fast growing business, providing an unrivalled opportunity to develop your skill set
- Be part of a collaborative, values-led team that are working hard to create one of the highest quality cultures in the world. Learn more about how we’re doing this in our culture deck
- Relaxed, sociable work environment with lots of responsibility and autonomy
- Regular company socials. In the past this has included fun things like comedy shows, axe throwing, quizzes, bowling, and weekly yoga classes!
- Choose your own work equipment. It’s important to us that you’re set up for success in your role and comfortable in your setting
- Even when we’re not fully remote, we offer working-from-home opportunities and flexible working hours, to help you develop a healthy work-life balance
- Unlimited vacation time so you can recharge and relax
- Equal parental leave. We offer 4 months fully paid leave for both mothers and fathers following the birth or adoption of their child.