We’re seeking an ambitious and experienced senior writer with 4+ years’ experience who is passionate about creating inspiring, informative copy that conveys our travel, dining and entertainment expertise to our membership base. This content will be published throughout the world in our various publications and websites. The Senior Content Writer will be responsible for creating and monitoring business content, and skillfully and swiftly producing copy in line with our brand voice - forming a vital part of the day-to-day running of the company. The Senior Content Writer will also be a role model for junior and mid-weight writers.
- Developing accurate and engaging short-form and long-form content for the in-house content database and the Digital Platforms, including research on new global restaurants, global events and hotels relevant to the membership base.
- Keeping up to date on travel and lifestyle trends and news to inform content.
- Assisting in growing a bank of meaningful engaging content that supports the company's strategy and goals, while refreshing existing articles and reviews regularly.
- Working with Ten's worldwide specialists to support business growth through content creation.
- Adopting the Ten style and voice.
- Editing and uploading Ten's exclusive member events and benefits to relevant digital platforms.
- Meeting deadlines as set out by the senior content team.
- Assisting Content Writers in brainstorming ideas and sourcing information.
- Liaising with the global Content Team on a regular basis.
Who We Are
At Ten our goal is simple, to become the most trusted service business in the world. We are already the global market leader for lifestyle management and concierge services, providing services from a 22 strong global office network with over 1000 employees. We use our expertise, technology and buying power to grant our members direct access to the best travel, live entertainment, dining and luxury retail services. We also work closely with suppliers to provide exclusively negotiated benefits and employee loyalty schemes.
We deliver our service through a combination of Ten’s proprietary, unique technology-enabled platform and the expertise of our highly trained lifestyle managers. Ten is growing quickly and has ambitious plans to keep innovating, inspiring and to continue to improve the lives of millions of members. Will you help take us there?
About Ten’s Product Team
- a global team of upbeat and experienced writers, editors and developers spread out over 10 offices worldwide
- excited about creating content that tells the story of our service, reaching a high-net-worth member base
- experts in lifestyle content covering topics such as travel, food, retail and entertainment
- passionate about creating the right content for right person at the right time
- dedicated to innovation and quality
- 4-6 years' experience in content writing
- Relevant tertiary degree or qualification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong grammatical understanding
- Excellent general knowledge
- Good teamwork skills
- Demonstrated ability to produce accurate, error-free, engaging content timeously
- Ability to stay agile and motivated in a time-pressured working environmen
Our people are at the heart of the business and we have a culture of recognition and reward – both through regular appraisals but also annual Extra Mile Awards where we celebrate those who have gone that extra mile in their role. We also encourage all our staff to incorporate their aspirations and interests into their career at Ten and we are there every step of the way in supporting development.
All our employees also enjoy a range of benefits regardless of where they are based. Not only do we enjoy monthly Treats on Ten (on the tenth of each month!) but employees also get 3 extra days of annual leave in their third year and an extra month of every 5 years. In line with these milestone lengths of service, we also operate a Ten Loyalty Reward program – this is a bonus (although we prefer to refer to this as ‘extra spending money’) that is awarded once these milestones are reached. The thinking behind the program is that not only does it recognise and reward commitment and loyalty to the business, but it can also be used to fund the adventures to be had during sabbaticals – this is the main intention and driving force behind the program. We want to give our people extra spending money so that they can truly enjoy their sabbaticals.
Other benefits that Ten offer, specific to the South Africa office, range between access to ICAS Employee Health and Wellness (EHWP) services which are confidential and free for all employees to use, all the way through to various discounts on both travel and entertainment events (the latter is of course available regardless of location). There are also lots of social events throughout the year as well as a break-out room where employees can relax (or, if they wish, play one of the numerous games we provide!) whilst enjoying our latest fruit drop.
We also offer a company contribution towards medical aid, transport home for those working a late shift (applies to those who don't have a car) and, one of our more popular perks, working holiday opportunities with the ability to work from any of our 20+ offices without taking annual leave.