We’re looking for an efficient, detail-oriented Content Writer to join our fast paced (and fast growing!) startup law/tech company.
This job would be suitable for a uni student who’s looking to develop their legal content writing and marketing skills within Sprintlaw’s award-winning Marketing Team.
We’re a disruptive new kind of law firm that’s changing the way legal services are delivered. Our mission is to provide affordable and accessible legal services for startups and small businesses.
We’re focused on efficiency, simplicity and embracing technology, and were recently awarded the NewLaw Firm of the Year at the 2020 Australian Law Awards, ranked in Deloitte’s APAC Technology Fast 500 2020 and selected as one of the 2021 Employer of Choice law firms in Australia. We also recently launched in the UK. Find out more about us in this video.
Our Marketing Team drives Sprintlaw’s organic growth, and has been awarded some of digital marketing’s most prestigious awards, including:
- 2020 SEMRush Search Awards: Best Online Marketing Campaign (Legal Services) (Winner)
- 2021 The Drum International Search Awards: Best B2B SEO Campaign (Highly Commended)
- 2021 APAC Search Awards - Best Use of Search (B2B) (Finalist)
We offer clients a range of fixed-fee legal packages covering everything that small businesses and startups need – company set up, contract review and negotiation, employment, capital raising and data protection. We run our business like a tech startup, with user experience, creativity and lean thinking at the core of our culture.
Work Schedule: Part-time, 3-4 days per week.
Location: You decide! Our team is spread across various parts of the world and we give you the freedom to work from wherever works best for you. We do have a Sydney based HQ, which you are welcome to work from if you need to.
About The Role:
Your role will be to research and write articles for Sprintlaw’s blog, providing informative legal content for an audience of small business owners and startups.
Join as a key member of our Marketing Team, and take the opportunity to learn and grow quickly in a dynamic, startup environment.
Who We’re Looking For
- Someone with a legal background or legal knowledge is essential
- Ideally you would be in your 2nd or 3rd year of a law degree (although not a requirement).
- You have experience writing for blogs or other publications.
- Strong attention to detail
- A flair for the English language
- An ability to communicate complex legal concepts in Plain English and in an engaging way
- Being comfortable with a range of software platforms, and quick to learn new ones (e.g. Wordpress and Stacker)
- The ability to work independently and in a team
- Strong initiative and critical thinking
- A basic understanding of SEO and its role in content creation is an advantage
You will work closely with the Marketing Team to produce articles on Australian commercial law topics in the following areas:
- Business Set Up,
- Commercial Leases,
- Consumer Law, Contracts,
- Digital Marketing/Advertising,
- Employment Law,
- Getting Finance,
- Intellectual Property
We’ll provide briefs for each article you’ll create.
If you're ready to be part of an exciting and growing team that is changing the way legal services are delivered, then we’d love to invite you on board!