We are looking for a passionate and skilled Content Writer to join the Spotify Studios team in Germany and help us on our mission of creating and producing distinctive audio content!
In this role, you will write and translate scripts, predominantly for our slate of True Crime Original Podcasts from Parcast. You will help localize US podcasts for the German market working closely with our external production partners and the producers at Spotify and Parcast. You will shepherd podcasts episodes from initial research and story development through production, and write, edit, and polish scripts for our growing network of always-on, evergreen shows.
What You'll Do
- Translate, localize, write and proofread scripts based on English-language Originals for several weekly long-form Spotify Original Podcasts from the Parcast podcast network
- Select scripts from a wide range of US shows most suitable for the local German market
- Adapt and localize the podcast where appropriate
- Research and fact-check assigned topics
- Determine and develop episode narratives
- Assist in developing and launching new podcast series/adaptations
Who You Are
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in professional writing, preferably for audio or video content
- You possess a perfect level of written and spoken German and English
- You are able to share polished, long-form narrative writing samples
- You can create empathy, tension, and suspense through your writing
- You know when and how to perform supplemental research to contextualize a story
- You care about telling compelling, engaging stories
- You have a passion for true crime and podcasts
- You have a solid understanding of content production processes
- You are self-sufficient, reliable and have attention to detail
- You are used to a fast-paced working environment, have a team spirit, strong work ethic, and a friendly, warm attitude
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones.
Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators.
Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.