Role type: We welcome applications for full or part-time working and job-shares too.
Speechmatics leads the market as an any-context speech recognition engine for companies to rapidly build innovative applications at scale.
As a recognized pioneer in machine learning voice engineering, Speechmatics enables companies to build applications that detect and transcribe voice in any context in real-time. Its neural networks consider acoustics, languages, dialects, multiple speakers, punctuation, capitalization, context and implicit meanings. Check out our happy customers here.
Speechmatics is a rapidly growing, global company with offices in Cambridge, UK, Denver, USA, Chennai, India and Brno, Czech Republic. With ambitious growth plans comes great opportunities that are exciting and progressive. You will be working with some of the smartest minds in the industry, working on cutting-edge projects and deploying the latest techniques to disrupt the market.
If this is a mission you want to contribute to in a passionate way, then we want to hear from you.
About The Job
We’re looking for a talented, enthusiastic Content Writer to join our Content Studio as part of the growing marketing team. Your role is to educate our audience, build brand awareness, generate interest and showcase our expertise. It’s essential you’ve worked in fast-growth technology and you have the ability to articulate technical concepts to technical audiences specifically technical founders, CTOs, CPOs and Developers.
You have a knack for cutting through the noise to catch your audience’s attention. You know how to capture your reader’s interest, understand their challenges and make content to meet their needs.
You’ll have an instinct for what good content looks like and how to create, improve and promote it. We’re looking for someone who can turn their hand to all aspects of content writing including marketing content such as case studies and blogs, web content and sales enablement collateral.
You will work closely with the Head of Brand & Communications to ensure Speechmatics has a frequent cadence of content published that supports the wider business strategy. You will also be required to work closely with the designer and demand generation team.
- Write clear, compelling copy in line with our brand tone of voice across various mediums (ads, blog posts, emails, social media, long form content, infographics, web copy, sales enablement)
- Interpret creative briefs to develop and produce content, and follow through to execution
- Conduct high-quality research and interviews
- Edit and proofread copy to ensure it meets our editorial standards
- Use SEO principles to maximize content reach working closely with demand generation
- Collaborate with the designer on projects
- Work with internal teams to extract technical insights and deliver them to our target audiences in an easy-to-consume manner
- Any other suitable and relevant duties as assigned
- 5+ years’ experience in copywriting/content or a related role
- Be a team player and collaborate across the Content Studio
- Knowledge and understanding of online and offline content strategy
- Exceptional writing and research skills
- Versatile writing style to suit multiple marketing channels and sales enablement
- Creativity and ability to think conceptually
- Proven ability to distil and simplify complex technical details into engaging, exciting content
- Experience with content management systems
- Ability to co-ordinate cross-functional teams for support in writing
- Ability to ensure cohesiveness across the business for content whether it be a blog, website or whitepaper
- Experience in writing content for a fast-growth B2B technology start-up
- Keen to get their hands dirty to learn and understand the product, software terms and concepts
- Have an eye for interactive content and building this out on the website to be exciting
- Comfortable working as a self-starter
- Writes effectively, thinks thematically to organise the docs content logically
- Essential to be able to stick to deadlines
- Strong listening skills and precise attention to detail
- Comfortable working at a fast pace
- Excellent organisational and multitasking skills
We have a salary band in mind for each role, however we are candidate-led, so we want to ensure we attract the very best talent and remain flexible. We also offer comprehensive benefits.
The interview process for each role does vary, but usually, we would start off by asking you to complete a Further Information Form, so that we can be clear on your expectations from the start and get to know you a little better.
Then we ask you to have a quick chat with the Hiring Manager to establish suitability and for you to ask us any questions before we progress the application by sending you role specific tests/tasks (if applicable). If this goes well, you will be asked to attend (either remotely or onsite if you are able) more technical interviews before we arrange a ‘meet the team’ session.
Please do let us know as soon as possible how we can best accommodate you and make any reasonable adjustments to facilitate the interview process and make the experience as comfortable as possible.
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace is our priority. We are committed to providing an environment of acceptance where you are free to bring your full self to work. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, national origin, veteran status or pregnancy and maternity status.