Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI, and machine learning, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks, and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing, and the wide range of other cyberattacks.
We have an exciting opportunity for a senior content writer to join the Sophos content marketing team.
Working closely with our product, threat, and marketing experts, you will write engaging, powerful content that helps protect organizations from the impacts of cybercrime. From educating on new cyber threats, to conveying the benefits of Sophos technologies and services, your content will inform our audiences and inspire people to act.
As the primary writer within the content marketing team, you will write content for multiple formats including industry reports, whitepapers, blog articles, emails, slide decks, and more. We welcome non-written content also.
What You'll Do
- Major reports. Research and write stimulating and engaging reports and whitepapers on key cybersecurity topics. You will conduct first- and third-party research and leverage Sophos experts to create informative papers and guides.
- Product/solution articles. With input from subject matter experts, write articles to promote Sophos technologies and solutions, and educate on the benefits they provide.
- Asset delivery management. Manage the process of getting content formatted and published, working with our in-house design and web teams.
- Leadership support. Ghost-write blog articles for senior leadership members, sharing their expertise and vision.
- Promotional assets. Create blog, email, and social copy to promote Sophos content and our products/services.
- Content planning. Create and manage the content schedule.
- Communication. Proactively engage with our cross-business audiences and communicate upcoming content areas so they can incorporate them into their plans.
- Topic identification. Identify opportunities for Sophos to provide guidance and expertise, and how to turn that into practical deliverables.
- Blog management. Manage the day-to-day creation of articles for the Sophos News blog and be the go-to blog expert.
- Reporting and analysis. Regularly review and analyse content performance, reporting back to the business and recommending optimum courses of action.
Experience and Skills We're Looking For
- Excellent written English
- Ability to write for multiple formats, from major reports to emails and blog articles
- Ability to turn facts, data, and product information into engaging, consumable stories
- Experience in successfully converting technical detail into easy-to-understand wording
- Strong interpersonal skills – you need to collaborate and engage with colleagues across the organization, from subject matter experts to design and web team members
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and deliver to deadlines
- Very strong project management skills
- Cybersecurity experience
- WordPress website management
How to Apply
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.