Over a million designers use Sketch to transform their ideas into incredible products. Would you like to join us and excite people about what’s next for our platform? We're looking to expand our team with a full-time Content Writer.
What You'll Do
Working within product marketing, you’ll be helping our audience understand what’s new — from brand new features, to updates and upgrades. Your role will primarily involve creating written content — so excellent English and writing experience is a must. If you have skills to create videos or even create sample projects in Sketch, you’ll be able to do this, too.
On a Typical Day, You Will
Get to know our product inside out, understand new features and find the right words to communicate them to our diverse audience of customers.
Write messaging guides, blog posts and other types of content to help communicate updates and new features in the most clear and effective way possible.
Take responsibility for maintaining, updating and improving our documentation — making sure it remains a reliable source of truth for customers who want to understand our product.
Work closely with the Product Marketing Lead and other areas of the marketing team to make sure messaging around features and updates is consistent, accurate and impactful.
Write scripts and short lists for video tutorials and guides (if you have the skills or want to learn there’s an opportunity to create them, too).
Coordinate closely with our design team to make sure that our blog posts, guides and tutorials meet our high visual standards and are backed up with sample projects.
Work with our product team and UX Writer to make sure our writing both inside and outside of the product stays consistent.
Proofread copy from other team members, offering advice on best practice, and advocating for our tone of voice and style guidelines.
Support other members of the marketing team with their writing, where necessary.
What We're Looking For
- You’ll be an experienced writer with a marketing background, ideally on a SaaS, technology or design product — and you’ll have plenty of examples of your work to share with us. You’ll know that great writing comes from knowing your subject and you’ll be keen to learn and understand everything there is to know about Sketch.
- Writing a great article, blog post, tutorial or technical guide comes naturally to you, and you'll be able to manage multiple projects at the same time. You'll be proactive, full of ideas and have a sharp eye for detail, especially when it comes to your own work. You’ll also be willing to experiment and work in new formats — from video tutorials to webinars — whether you have prior experience with them or not.
- Our team works remotely, so you will need to have excellent grasp of written English, great communication skills and be comfortable working in a remote position.
- 2+ years in a writing role at a SaaS, design or technology company
- A background or strong personal interest in digital design.
- An understanding of how to write for the web, email, social media and other formats.
- Experience with content management systems and collaboration tools like Notion.
- Experience of writing technical guides or tutorials.
- An excellent level of written English.
- Able to work and communicate as part of a remote, but close-knit team.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with lots of other talented people.
- Able to adapt quickly to a new brand voice (and help shape it).
- A working knowledge of Sketch and other design software.
- Experience of working for an in-house marketing department or creative agency.
- Design and/or video editing skills that you can apply to and enhance the content you create.
Even if you're not able to tick all of these boxes, we would still love to hear from you.