Siege Media is a growing and remote-first content marketing agency! We were nationally recognized on Inc.’s Best Workplaces list and Inc. 5000 list, highlighting the 5000 fastest-growing private companies. Interested in joining the Siege team? We currently have a spot open for a talented Content Writer to help us continue to deliver great content for our world-class clients.
Perks for United States residents include 100% health, vision and dental benefits, 50% 401k match up to 6% of your salary, donation matching, career development training, unlimited PTO, work-from-home equipment, and free pens. Everyone loves free pens. We also hire internationally, apply or get in touch to learn about life working at Siege abroad.
Siege Media values diversity. We encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, non-binary, parents and those with disabilities to apply. Through our “health, then work” philosophy we are committed to helping all people succeed at Siege. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete our application or interview process, please let us know.
- Conduct keyword research to identify content opportunities for clients
- Write comprehensive articles on a variety of topics with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt tone and complexity of a piece to speak to the correct audience, as well as align with relevant style guides.
- Demonstrate the ability to implement feedback from editors, clients, and teammates.
- Do whatever it takes to grow the online presence of our clients
- 1–2 years as a writer at a digital publication.
- Experience writing for the web, with a focus on digital content including long- and short-form, infographics, and interactives.
- Goal-orientated with the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and work independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to form productive working relationships in a remote environment.
- Strong project management skills, with ability to handle multiple projects while still working effectively.
- Close attention to detail and a heavy focus on creating quality content.
- Proven ability to generate creative ideas that attract attention on the web.
- Copywriting or blogging experience.
- 2–4 years experience working in an agency or similar marketing environment
- B.S. or similar degree in English, journalism, or similar field.
- Basic to Intermediary SEO knowledge with a working knowledge of SEO tools and how they can be used to improve client websites.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and/or Google Workspace
- Understanding of HTML/CSS and comfortable uploading content to WordPress.
- Experience collaborating and giving guidance on design and UX best practices.
The salary range for this position is $48,000.00-$55,000.00 DOE. You will also be eligible for a profit sharing bonus depending on personal and team performance, although this is not guaranteed.
Please plan to upload the following information during the application process:
- Your resume
- A short introduction/cover letter
- Links to your portfolio/an attached portfolio
- Two relevant blog writing samples (ideally over 500 words)