As one of the fastest growing companies in BC and in North America, PDFTron is an industry-leading provider of document processing technology that powers everything from traditional desktop software (like AutoCAD), to web apps (like DocuSign), and mobile apps (like Xodo).
We are actively changing the way people work with documents by being the graphics engine of choice for thousands of companies world-wide, within virtually all industry verticals. If you are working with documents, there is a chance that PDFTron is already working for you.
We foster an atmosphere of opportunity, growth, and success for every single individual amidst an exciting, challenging and entrepreneurial culture where career progression is based on merit, not tenure. Guided by a clear company vision, every member of our vibrant team is empowered to be a contributor, innovator and successful leader.
If you see this posting is still up, then that means the role is still open! We have MULTIPLE positions available.
We are seeking an experienced Content Writer to join our growing content team and to support our demand generation activities, while helping evolve our content strategy.
Our ideal candidate will have experience writing well-researched and authoritative content targeted at business & product management audiences. In this role you’ll research, write, and edit a mix of short-form and long-form original content, producing 2-4 high-quality assets per month.
- Write, edit, and proofread content that informs & educates, while moving prospects down the funnel. This includes, but is not limited to: blogs, eBooks, whitepapers, reports, webinars, and presentations.
- Thoroughly research topics by using existing sources, conducting primary research, data analysis, experiments, and whatever means you deem appropriate. This is a research heavy role that’s limited only by your imagination.
- Work collaboratively with marketing, sales, pre-sales, customer success, and product teams to identify & prioritize content opportunities.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of key verticals, industry trends, and competition to create relevant and engaging content.
- Prioritize your time to deliver against our editorial calendar.
- Contribute to our understanding of the market.
- BA in Journalism, English, Creative Writing, or related field.
- Excellent content writing, editing, proofreading, and project coordination skills.
- 3+ years related experience in B2B technology or agency environments.
- Proven ability to write for a business or product management audience.
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills are a must, as this role will require day-to-day collaboration with internal team members, customers, and external resources.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Data-driven mindset with strong analytical ability.
- Experience with software development; tech-savvy.
- Formal education, training, or equivalent professional experience in marketing, copywriting, or technical writing.
- Experience with markdown and GIT.
- Knowledge and/or interest in computer graphics or document formats (especially page description languages such as PDF, SVG, XPS, PostScript).
- Thirst for knowledge, with a strong initiative and drive to go above and beyond.
- Fun to be around
- Competitive salary with great benefits.
- A new laptop and all the software you need to be productive.
- Excellent work-life balance.
- Convenient location in Downtown, Vancouver.
- Monthly social events.
- Employee Stock Options.
- Lunch out every other Thursday to mingle with colleagues.
- A diverse and inclusive workplace where we can all learn from each other.
- Plus other activities like group stretches and gaming sessions.