Lookout is a cybersecurity company for the post-perimeter, cloud-first, mobile-first world. Powered by the largest dataset of mobile code in existence, the Lookout Security Cloud provides visibility into the entire spectrum of mobile risk. Lookout is trusted by hundreds of millions of individual users, enterprises and government agencies and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Apple and others. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, India, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
We’re searching for an innovative, adaptable, and motivated writing generalist who’s ready to embrace the wide audience of Lookout’s Personal product in a contracting role. Please provide a professional, published writing sample with your resume. You can upload it as your cover letter or along with your resume.
What we can offer you:
Working alongside the product team, you’ll shape the future of our short form content. Your writing and copy editing skills will ensure the quality of existing and new published content for Lookout’s users.
What you’ll get to do:
- Research, write and publish original articles, listicles, or other pieces of short-form content
- Update and improve the articles our users visit most frequently
- Write new content related to current events and high-interest topics
- Play an integral role in new content initiatives on new and existing domains
What you bring to us:
You’re a detail-oriented writer and editor who can also see the bigger picture of strategic business goals. You’re comfortable working in a fast-moving group where priorities are always evolving. You’re able to produce quality work on tight deadlines. You bring a critical eye to reading and revising, and can apply our internal editorial guidelines to the review of highly-trafficked site content. You’re curious about a variety of topics and are able to empathize with the intent of users’ search queries in order to provide content that satisfies their questions.
- Writing/publishing experience and strong English grammar skills
- Editorial experience preferred
- Great awareness of how to write for different audiences
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Writing, Journalism, or related field
- Ability to work weekdays 10-15 hours per week