What started as the result of a hackathon in 2014 is now the world’s #1 Instagram marketing platform. Later was built on the idea that social media management should be easy, quick, and affordable. Six years and hundred thousand users later, we’re still going strong.
We’re looking for people who can help us build something great for our customers—from content writers, designers to developers. So if you’re the kind of person who really cares about making something meaningful, then keep reading.
Our core cultural values are manifested in our practices and processes every day. We highly value transparency and fairness in everything we do. We look for people who like to move quickly, are ambitious yet humble and have a great sense of humour. If you have a mischievous spark of fun, that’s even better.
What you will be doing
Later is looking for an excellent communicator and strategic thinker to join our marketing team as a Content Writer. If you have strong writing skills and an understanding of emerging social media trends, this is the job for you!
The Later content marketing team has grown immensely in the last year, and we’re looking for someone to help scale our blog with awesome, relevant, and educational content. We’re looking for someone who can communicate the value of social media to our audience and use copywriting to convert readers into Later customers.
Working with the blog team and reporting to the Editorial Manager, the content writer will pitch, create, and edit engaging written content for the Later blog, website, newsletter, guest blog posts, as well as other marketing initiatives like Instagram courses and YouTube video scripts.
The Later blog has a high amount of organic traffic, and SEO skills are essential for this role. You must be comfortable researching keywords, identifying trends, and optimizing your content for SEO. If you have experience with ghostwriting or PR writing, that’s a bonus!
This is a great growth opportunity for a strategic writer and fast learner who is looking to gain experience in content marketing.
- Create, edit, and pitch high-quality, educational content for the Later blog and other publications about social media (including Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Pinterest) best practices and strategies
- Research SEO keywords and optimize blog posts for organic traffic
- Write and edit copy for various Later properties (website, landing pages, emails) according to brand voice and guidelines
- Edit blog posts to align with the Later brand voice and guidelines
- Assist on wider content marketing tactics like writing video scripts for Instagram courses and Youtube videos
- 3+ years of experience creating, writing, and editing engaging online marketing content (blog posts, landing pages, web copy, newsletters, social media, etc)
- You have a strong and strategic understanding of social media marketing and how to use each platform for business (bonus if you have experience using paid social)
- You have a solid understanding of the role of SEO in content writing and know how to create a content piece around a specific keyword
- You are able to juggle multiple tasks to keep on top of a busy content calendar and meet deadlines
- You are a creative thinker who is comfortable working both independently and in a team environment.
- You embrace feedback and have a constant desire to learn and improve
- How small businesses use social media is your jam -- you love to see SMBs grow in social and you’re quick to spot a new trend or growth tactic on social
- Bonus if you have experience writing for SaaS companies!
- $63,000 - 73,000
- A generous Education & Conference Budget
- Health Savings Plan
- Flexible Hours & Work Schedule
- Technology Bonus
- Annual Company Retreat
- Vacation & Sick Days
- Bright, spacious, and modern office, 5 rooftop patios with amazing city views
Product and Development roles are based out of our Vancouver headquarters. If you are not located in Vancouver, but interested in relocating for the role let us know!
Whereas, roles on our Marketing and Customer Experience teams are open to remote candidates based out of Toronto and London, UK, in addition to working out of our Vancouver headquarters.
Note about applying
This is the best place to submit your application for it to be reviewed by our team. Later does not work with recruitment agencies to fill open positions. We will not be accepting requests to work with agencies.