Kaia is a mission-focused health technology company.
Our story began in 2016, when our founders, Konstantin Mehl and Manuel Thurner, created a mission to bring affordable and accessible relief to millions of people with chronic conditions. No strangers to chronic pain themselves, they decided to innovate ways to remove the obstacles many people experience in getting the leading-edge care they need.
How do Kaia apps work? Kaia uses a dynamic AI-powered algorithm. Our programs are based on multimodal rehabilitation, a holistic approach to managing chronic conditions. Our users have easy access via smartphone and tablet to our programs for back/hip/knee pain and COPD using this evidence-based approach.
Five years into our story, we are a leader in digital therapeutics, with 500,000+ users worldwide. Having raised $125 million from investors like Optum Ventures, idInvest, and Balderton Capital, to name a selected few, we are poised to create a global footprint in digital self-care. Kaia is patient empowerment made easy.
The regulatory landscape is quickly adapting to the digital ecosystem. Therefore, our mission and strategy bring new opportunities for determined talent to join our journey. With over 100 “Kaianeers” spread across the US and Europe, we now need more specialized talent to help take our mission further.
We’re looking for a writer to tell the world about Kaia through compelling, creative healthcare and lifestyle (e.g., nutrition, sleep, habits) content. You’ll join Kaia as a Healthcare & Lifestyle Content Writer in our growing Content team, working alongside the Product and Marketing team. Your superpowers include simplifying complex medical subject matter and transforming it into creative ideas and persuasive copy.
The Role Encompasses
- Write in-app education and relaxation content, including video/audio scripts to engage our active and prospective users
- Break down complex medical concepts into clear, engaging, high-quality content for a lay audience
- Contribute to and shape the future of Kaia’s content strategy
- Apply best practices (whether it’s in short-form performance storytelling, following brand style guide, etc.)
- Partner cross-functionally with collaborators across the organization
- Work alongside designers, producers, illustrators, and animators to create amazing experiences that solidify Kaia’s voice and brand
We Are Looking for Somebody Who Has
- You have at least 4 years of experience as a healthcare content writer in mobile app/digital health/healthcare industry with a strong portfolio that showcases your best work
- You’re passionate about storytelling and understand what provokes others to think and feel in a new way about something
- You’re intellectually curious, a ruthless prioritizer, and a creative, innovative thinker
- You’re an empathetic communicator with excellent written and verbal skills
- You are familiar with AMA style and other industry standards
- You are comfortable working in a collaborative environment and using data to inform decisions
- You have experience leading a project from start to finish. You can express ideas to both healthcare practitioners and laypeople.
You'll Fit In With Our Company Culture If You
- Are user centric and view technology as a tool to improve a user’s life
- Have a bias for action; the world is complex and unpredictable place so starting, releasing, and getting feedback iteratively is the only possible path to success
- Strive to be articulate and humble, make the complex simple, present ideas openly, accepting that being wrong is part of the process
- Are not afraid of tackling problems that others deem impossible
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial team, adapt easily to change, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Have worked in a fast-growing organization before (preferred)
Some Of The Benefits Of Being a Kaianeer
You can directly influence the future of digital health in a team of industry experts and digital shapers.
You will work alongside serial entrepreneurs (previously founded and scaled another startup, Foodora).
You’ll enjoy flat hierarchies, a hybrid work from home/office environment, and flexible vacation and working times.
We support your professional development and have a budget set aside for you just for that!
Happy hours, team events, and knowledge-sharing sessions galore!
Join us if you’re looking for an entrepreneurial adventure and an exciting place to grow personally and professionally.