The HubSpot Blog Team is growing and redefining what it means to produce digital content. We’re looking for Two Staff Writers who are able and excited to help us continue to grow traffic to the HubSpot Blog. Our ideal candidate is a talented writer with a keen eye for detail and an interest in search engine optimization (SEO).
As a historical optimization writer, your efforts will have a direct impact on our organic traffic goals. You will be responsible for updating and optimizing existing blog posts according to an established system and on an aggressive cadence (two posts per day.) In this role, you will sit on HubSpot’s Blog team, where you will have the opportunity to improve the quality of our content.
The right candidate will care deeply about solving for results with quality content, have high attention to detail, be meticulous, and contribute positively to team culture by being a supportive and empathetic colleague.
In This Role, You’ll Get To
- Update (and sometimes write) blog content for improved tone, style, formatting, accuracy, structure, and user experience.
- Execute upon insights flagged by the SEO team.
- Improve upon our historical optimization technique with guidance from the SEO team.
- Edit and revise existing content according to a style guide and established criteria.
- Foster harmonious working relationships both on and off the blog team.
We Are Looking For Someone With
- Very high attention to detail and the ability to spot errors, typos, and inconsistencies
- A willingness and ability to go where the needs are whether that’s writing work, optimization work, editing work, or a mixture of all three
- A knack for understanding an audience’s intent when looking for and consuming information
- Exceptional writing skills and the ability to quickly get up-to-speed on unfamiliar subject matter
- A demonstrated a track record of submitting quality written work on a deadline
- The ability to collaborate and work as part of a team
- A sense of ownership around their responsibilities and submitted work
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply we’d love to hear from you.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
Per HubSpot’s policy all employees who wish to work @office or @flex or to visit an office in-person must be fully-vaccinated. At this time, @remote employees are not required to be vaccinated.