So what is the content writer role?
This role is very simple.
You will work underneath our lead content strategist.
You will take 45-60 minute interviews with our customers and turn their expertise into articles.
You will have support for graphic design of graphics.
We have systems, templates and processes that you will follow.
The tasks you will do on a regular basis include:
- Taking a 45-60 minute call and turning that into an organized, professional article.
- Turning those articles into social content for our customers.
- Handling complex B2B content for management consultants.
- Consistently learning, growing, and improving your skills to become a master of social content and copywriting
NOTE: Our customers will all be in B2B. So these will be businesses typically selling to other businesses. Most of our clients are management consultants with deep vertical expertise. We pull their expertise out in interviews but these will often be challenging to write as you will have to listen to calls multiple time to comprehend industry specific lingo. This is not B2C marketing where we focused on consumers.
Growth Potential: While this initial role is for a content writer, there is opportunity to be promoted to a lead content strategist in the future.
The Ideal Candidate
- Detail oriented .
- Has existing copywriting skills working in B2B or consulting model companies.
- Has a portfolio of writing work.
- Is fun and easy to get along with.
- Fast learner and a lifelong learner.
- The actions we take create more freedom, not less for team members, clients & owners.
- Life > Work
- Lifelong learning
- Positive thinking
- Mutually Beneficial Transactions
- Details matter
How to Apply
NOTE: This is quite an intense application process. This is by design as it weeds out all of the applicants who are not serious and just want to blast their resume to us.
While this application will take you time, you can be guaranteed that if you apply and follow instructions, your application will be viewed and considered.
1. Create a Google Doc for your application. Keep it well organized and easy to digest
2. Include the following
- URL of your Linkedin profile
3. Write me a cover letter that sells me on why I should hire you for this position over anyone else.
4. RECORD AN APPLICATION VIDEO OR AUDIO MESSAGE
- Use your webcam or cell phone to record an application video or audio message.
- This video or audio message should be at maximum 60 seconds long (Not a second longer).
- As the first word of your video or audio message say “Moist” and as the last word of your message say “Toodaloo”
- In the content of the video or audio, persuade me on why you are a good fit for this role.
- Upload this video or audio to Dropbox. If you do not have an account create a free one and upload the file there. Add the dropbox link as the very final item of your Google Doc after your cover letter and questions.
5. Complete a short work test and put these answers on your Google Doc
- Read this article: https://jake-jorgovan.com/blog/the-lead-cookie-sales-playbook-sales-call-scripts
- Now write 3 social media posts that we could share on my personal Linkedin profile to promote this article.
- The objective of the 3 social media posts is to drive someone to take the action of clicking on the article and reading it.
6. Please provide samples of your writing
- Please share links to past articles written, online blogs, or any other writing samples you can share. At least 3-5 pieces would be preferred.
7. Send an application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject line should read “LC Content Writer: YOUR NAME”
- The body of the email should include a link to the Google Doc and nothing else.