Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure.
Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role
Confluent is looking for an experienced content writer to join the content marketing team to educate existing and potential audiences on our data streaming technology. We are looking for a writer with a passion for telling interesting, timely stories and translating technical concepts into engaging prose.
What You Will Do
- Work with the marketing, product, developer and other teams to create fresh short- and long-form content
- Develop relationships with sources throughout the organization to inform and shape technical content
- Contribute editorial and technical knowledge and ideas to the content planning process
- Understand our various audiences and tune content to their needs and perspectives
- Serve as a coach and influencer on content quality and consistency
What You Will Bring
- 5+ years experience writing a variety of content for a technology-minded audience
- Experience covering B2B technology topics and identifying new trends and topics
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Experience writing under frequent deadlines and incorporating edits
- Experience working with stakeholders and subject matter experts to create compelling, accurate, useful content across formats and channels
- Ability to distill technical topics in multiple ways and contribute to content planning sessions
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, Computer Science, Learning Technology, or related field.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.