Powerful headlines, ingenious storytelling, copy that leaps off the page and screen. Have we piqued your interest? Good, because we’re looking for a passionate content developer who can take complex aerospace and defense information and generate compelling content that rises above the din and moves audiences to act.
We are looking for an uber-creative, dedicated individual to join our in-house creative agency. You will create original content for our website, videos, advertising, collateral, multi-media initiatives and more.
To be successful, you should have great communication, research and teamwork skills. Above all, you need the chops to generate killer content: from page-stopping ads to video scripts that sing – with the ability to pivot on a daily (and often hourly) basis. Your expertise in putting the right words on a page will help elevate Collins brand across the digital realm.
We’ll also tap into your superior proofreading skills as you will serve as the “set of eyes” the team will come to depend on.
The work is challenging, and the timelines are often tight, but you’ll work with a team of professional communicators that move fast, love what they do and support each other.
As our content writer, you’ll work with little to no supervision on a daily basis. You will work closely with members across the communications team to strategize how to convey our messaging in the most impactful way possible. Work arrangements are flexible.
For the right person, this is an incredible opportunity to take your career to a whole new level.
- Creative thinking that translates to original, compelling, content
- Collaborate with multiple creative services teams to ensure consistent messaging, voice, style and tone for all projects
- Provide writing support in a fast-paced environment for a variety of external marketing materials used in print, digital, video and web applications
- Creating unique, simple-to-understand, and user-friendly content using good SEO techniques.
- Work closely with subject matter experts across the company to ensure accuracy in content
- Commitment to a deadline-driven environment that values results and focuses on engagement
- High attention to detail and expertise in proofreading
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Mass Communication, or a related field and 7 years of demonstrated experience writing in a corporate marketing/ advertising environment OR
- Advanced Degree and 5 years of said experiences.
- Ability to write concisely, clearly and creatively in a fast-paced environment with aggressive deadlines
- Ability to switch gears quickly and pivot to different writing projects, styles and voices on a daily basis
- Good working knowledge of HTML and SEO
- Strong interpersonal communication skills – including robust presentation skills when meeting with internal clients
- Proven professional attitude toward work assignments, customer relationships, and company/department goals and vision
- Must be a self-starter who is able and willing to accept responsibility and perform with minimal supervision
- A team player who thinks ahead, plans and suggests solutions
- Positivity toward change and inevitable mid-project course corrections; ability to multitask effectively
- Provide three to five writing samples, preferably showing different styles of writing
- Must be a US Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” Holder
This position is capable of being worked remotely from anywhere within the domestic U.S.
- Experience in copywriting, graphic design, programming, or a related field may be advantageous.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (experience with web-based proofing tools a plus)
- Familiarity in AP Style
- Video script writing
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Are you a strategic thinker who can see beyond the now? Be part of a team that is developing the strategy and direction of one of the biggest players in the aerospace industry. The Strategy, Development & Communications team is a major influencer in the long-term vision of Collins Aerospace. Working together with teams across the company, we focus on strategic planning and analysis, internal and external communications, mergers and acquisitions and revenue synergies. Join a team that has its pulse on the future of aerospace and watch your career take flight.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick – Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.