Are you a natural storyteller with an eye for that unique narrative that cuts through a noisy market? We have the perfect role for you! Checkout.com is looking for a motivated and hardworking Content Writer to join our Brand Marketing team.
In this role, you’ll be executing our content plans by diving into the exciting world of FinTech to craft both educational and thought leadership content for our growing audience. Reporting into our Content Marketing Manager, you’ll help shape our content strategy, working cross-functionally across marketing and speaking to specialists inside and outside of Checkout.com to understand where we can add value to our audience.
Working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment will also give you the opportunity to lead the day-to-day relationship with our team of freelance writers, be responsible for uploading content to our blog, and partner with the design team to elevate the look and feel of our content. This role is a visible and hands-on role!
- You have proven experience working as a journalist or content marketer in payments, FinTech, ecommerce, or financial services.
- You are a storyteller who can translate complex ideas into straightforward, influential content that differentiates our message in the market.
- You are naturally curious, detail oriented and have the ability to uncover unique points of view and perspectives on the topics you cover.
- You are confident in your ability to develop questions and interview senior subject matter specialists on a range of complex themes.
- You have experience in writing and optimising content for search and have first-rate editing and proofreading skills
- You can run multiple projects at once in a given timeframe and you can be flexible when vital.
- A basic understanding of HTML and Google Analytics is preferred but not required.
What you'll do
- Produce high-quality, data-driven content that resonates with our audience of senior payment professionals across a range of short- and long-form formats.
- Research subjects and interview subject matter experts across the business to discover unique angles on the topics that matter to our audience.
- Support the development of written and video case studies.
- Work cross-functionally across the marketing team to understand their requirements and provide support as they distribute our content.
- Work with our SEO manager to optimise content for search.
- Manage our team of freelance contributors.
- Upload content to the Checkout.com blog and action any content updates.
- Partner with our internal designers to develop relevant assets to elevate written content.
- Support the Content Marketing Manager to measure and analyse our content’s performance and identify areas for improvement and optimisation.
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
What We Stand For
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
More About Checkout.com
We empower businesses to adapt, innovate and thrive with the connected payments they deserve. Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API.
And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1000 people across 17 international offices. To date, we’ve raised a total of $830 million, with our recent Series C valuing us at $15 billion.
We Believe In Equal Opportunities
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.