**Virtual opportunity for current college students - with the opportunity to continue through Fall 2020**
Headquartered in Chicago, Boro is the first consumer financing company focusing on the Gen-Z college students. Here at Boro, you will have the opportunity to work with talented fintech enthusiasts to revolutionize the status quo of college student credit life. We use our proprietary Non-FICO underwriting system to provide convenient financing solutions to the underserved college students. We care about our customers’ future and believe that we can make a difference in advancing their financial well-being. We are a non-hierarchical team with strong focus on execution and delivery. Being part of an exponentially growing company, you will get exposure to all aspects of our business and generate impact proportional to your ability. We are dedicated to becoming the one-stop financing platform for the underbanked and welcome all talents who share our dream of disrupting the traditional lending market with innovation.
How do we do it?
Boro creates fair, simple and smart financial products for college students that help along 3 core pillars:
- *Thrive: *Boro allows students to get the most out of their college experience by having access to stress-free financing.
- *Grow: *Boro helps students grow more confident in their finances through education, resources and credit-building products.
- *Protect: *Boro protects students from a system that doesn’t work for them through innovative technology that gives them better financing options and helps them plan for the future.
The Core Values
- *Focus on the few things that matter. *Less is more.
- *Grow and help grow. *Work outside of your comfort zone.
- Be transparent and do the right thing. Trust is key when building relationships with our customers.
- Rebel with a purpose. Questioning assumptions is necessary.
- Be youthful. Actively listen and understand our college student audience.
- *Achieve simplicity through expertise. *Distill expertise into easy-to-understand products.
The Content Writer is responsible for supporting the Marketing team in curating and creating content promoting brand awareness. The Content Writer will have the opportunity to join a dynamic team and focus on writing pieces, editing videos or creating interactive media elements that share these ideas in innovative and engaging ways.
- Create two content pieces per week (Blog post, video, or other media).
- Help develop a content strategy across all brands and all channels.
- Support brand development and awareness using various marketing mediums.
- Create college recruiting campaigns and ensure the continuous engagement of future interns/hires.
- Current student in the process of obtaining a Bachelor’s.
- Ability to think creatively and translate ideas into digital content pieces.
- Strong writing, grammar and proofreading skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to meet short deadlines, work in a fast-paced environment, and coordinate with various teams, departments, and divisions.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, as well as a valuable member of a team.
- Current on the latest Gen-Z trends and engagement.