Aesop has carefully cultivated a work environment in which our employees are constantly challenged to do their best. Our company is determinedly creative, intelligent and progressive, and nurtures these qualities by employing people who share our passionate interest in design, innovation, and incisive enquiry across all fields.
Our organisational culture is entirely unique, distinguished by an uncommon blend of courtesy, cordiality and intellectual energy. We seek those who can bring a wealth of life experience and inspired ideas to our table.
In return, we provide comprehensive induction and training programmes, and encourage an inclusive culture that nurtures enduring professional relationships. We also appreciate the benefits that flow from our employees’ external pursuits.
We raise our bar high at Aesop and never lower it; this is one of the keys to our success and one of the many reasons why people wish to work here. If you would like to join Aesop, we invite you to peruse our current career opportunities.
The Content Writer sits within the Creative Team, reporting to the Global Copy Lead. In close collaboration with the Copy Editor, this role is responsible for delivering copy that both expresses the brand and meets a brief’s objectives—for global, regional and local marketing campaigns, as well as other product-focused, cultural or editorial content—across all of Aesop’s communication channels.
The Content Writer will be a guardian of Aesop's distinctive Tone of Voice, ensuring consistency of language, style and spirit. Situated in a highly collaborative setting, the position involves frequent liaison with other teams, including staff in offices overseas.
- Marketing campaign execution: working closely with a Senior Copywriter, the Content Writer will help bring global, regional and local marketing campaigns to life across all of Aesop’s communication channels (including print, digital, social and PR) by executing a variety of deliverables—including but not limited to print materials, social posts, landing pages, eDMs and press releases.
- Marketing campaign conceptualisation (optional): over time, the Content Writer may have opportunities to partner with an Art Director and other Creative colleagues on the development of innovative concepts for global, regional or local marketing campaigns. This would involve ownership of campaigns from conceptualisation through to completion—including territory exploration, concept development, production and campaign roll-out.
- Product content: in partnership with the Product and Brand teams, the Content Writer will help name new products and kits, and develop all copy that is required for new product launches, from packaging to product pages to press releases; as well as evergreen copy for the existing product range.
- Cultural and editorial content: in partnership with the Brand and Social teams, and in order to drive awareness, traffic and commerce, the Content Writer will produce copy related to Aesop’s varied cultural interests (including literature, music, architecture, design and film), sustainability and DE&I initiatives, as well as long-form copy on such topics as skin care, hair care and fragrance.
- Digital and Social: the Content Writer will be tasked with elevating Aesop's digital presence across aesop.com, email and various social platforms, abiding by best practices for each of these channels whilst upholding the brand voice and aesthetic.
- Brief refinement: on each project, the Content Writer will work closely with the requester to fill the inevitable gaps within the brief, and ensure that it is fully aligned with the brand.
- Brand custodianship: more generally, the Content Writer will act as a key custodian of the Aesop brand, both internally and externally, by adhering to the brand’s style guide and Tone of Voice.
- Relationship building: this position requires developing and maintaining strong internal relationships with other teams including Marketing, Brand, Design, Product, Sustainability, Digital, Social and PR.
- Proofreading: the Content Writer will seek and perform proofreading on all communications, upholding Aesop's regard for accuracy and passion for detail.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, with a major in one or more of the following fields: literary studies, journalism, cultural studies, media studies, advertising, professional writing, copywriting
- A strong portfolio that includes both short- and long-form copy samples
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills; particularly in the context of digital and social communications
- An ability to think creatively and conceptually, with a user-centric mindset—demonstrating a strong understanding of customer journeys, and the standard alphabet soup of SEO, CTAs, UX, and CRM
- A strong understanding of marketing objectives (awareness, consideration and conversion; acquisition, retention and brand equity) and an ability to respond accordingly to a brief, including with strong time constraints
- Ideally, experience in a creative agency or an in-house creative department
- An ability to collaborate effectively with Art Directors and other Creatives, and a collaborative mindset in general
- Ideally, a deep knowledge of and passion for literature, the visual and performing arts and architecture and design.
- An awareness of cultural sensitivities in the territories in which Aesop operates
Aesop is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a creative and inclusive workplace where talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We are committed to promoting inclusion for all with the belief that diversity, inclusion and belonging plays an important role in the success of our organisation. We actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey.