Recognized as one of the fastest-growing companies in America by Inc. Magazine for the last 4 years, Advice Media is an industry leader in digital marketing for healthcare and legal practices since 1998. You’ll want to join Advice Media’s flourishing team to cultivate your career as a Content Writer. We specialize in connecting medical and legal prospects with practices through search engines, social media, email marketing, websites, and more.
Advice Media is committed to diversity and inclusion as we understand and value its importance to our success. Our team thrives upon our employee's unique experiences to propel creative solutions, so we aspire to continue building upon our diverse team to include groups that are traditionally underrepresented. We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
Advice Media is a performance based and data driven company that has experienced tremendous growth within the last year, so we're excited for the opportunity to introduce new talent. Advice Media’s progressive values include transparency, teamwork, relentless effort and intellectual honesty in order to bring about the success of our clients. We encourage continuous education, career development and work/life flex while thriving in a casual and collaborative work environment. With Advice Media, you will be a valued and integral member whom we will continually invest.
The content writers are primarily responsible for writing websites pages, blogs and other content for legal, dental and medical websites. In addition to writing, you will create visual content such as infographics, slideshows and quizzes. Individuals who excel in this position have prior experience working for a digital marketing agency and/or have written web content for providers of professional services.
This position requires adaptability and a growth mindset. Our content processes evolve as our company grows, so teamwork and communication are must-haves.
*\Please Note Before Applying: **You must submit at least 3-5 writing samples for your application to be considered. If you do not include the required writing samples, your application will be rejected immediately.
- Write content for client web pages, blogs and additional content as needed
- Perform online research, ensuring the information is factual, accurate and up-to-date
- Publish content and meta descriptions in the CMS platform.
- Create visual content such as infographics, slideshows, quizzes, etc.
- Generate writing topics based on keyword research
- Manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Respond positively to constructive criticism and implement changes accordingly
- Mastery of the English language including proper usage of spelling and grammar
- Exceptional professional writing skills
- Proven ability to proofread and edit your own work
- General understanding of SEO principals and strategies
- Experience with a CMS (Wordpress and/or Drupal preferred)
- Experience using basic visual content tools, such as Canva or Piktochart
- Experience writing about cosmetic dentistry, plastic surgery, medical topics or law
- Experience managing clients with CRMs
- 1+ years of professional writing experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism or related field preferred
- May require occasional local or national travel (less than 5% of the time, if any)
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer (90% at desk, 10% of time walking)
- Will work in office environment using typical office equipment (computers, keyboards, printer, etc.)
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
Benefits + Compensation
- $37,500 - $42,500 Fulltime Salaried, Exempt Position
- Employer Paid Plans: Medical (80%), Vision, Life, Long Term Disability and AD+D Insurance
- Voluntary Plans: Dental, Short Term Disability, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Accident and Pet
- Employee Assistance Program (mental health services, financial/legal consultations and more!)
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Casual Dress and Fun Work Environment (Ping Pong, Beer Fridge, Espresso Machine, etc.)
- Office Closes Early on Fridays
- Unlimited Paid Time Off + 10 Paid Holidays
- Monthly Company Lunches, Quarterly Volunteer Opportunities, Flapjack Fridays and more!
- 12 Week Maternity Leave Policy
*Advice Media does not typically support remote work and requires employees to report to the office. However, this position is temporarily remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic; we will return to the office once conditions allow.