60,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world's most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
The content team shapes the voice of 1Password and helps us build on our reputation as the world’s most trusted password manager. Our work touches almost every part of 1Password’s presence, from determining the messaging around new releases to writing educational content that helps people protect their privacy.
We’re looking for a content writer with a strong background in marketing to write and produce content for web pages, articles, and sales materials. The subject matter is often technical so experience writing about software or technology is preferred.
The role within the team is flexible, with the opportunity to hone your skills and eventually specialize in one area.
What We're Looking For
- 2+ years experience as a content writer, with some time spent on a marketing team
- Strong writing and self-editing skills (we’ll need to see writing samples)
- You’ve written for a software or technology company before
- An interest in and basic understanding of privacy and security
- You’re self-motivated and can work independently, but know when to ask for help
- You’re proactive, and skilled at managing your own time
- You use 1Password already (or another password manager)
What You Can Expect in Month 1
- Familiarize yourself with 1Password: learn about our product and brand, read existing content, and review the style guide
- Plug any knowledge gaps you have around privacy and security
- Write articles and blog posts for 1Password and other websites
What You Can Expect by Month 3
- Begin producing a broader range of content, including core web pages, campaign landing pages, social media posts, and print materials
- Work with people in other departments to help them shape content about the features they’re working on
- Edit and proofread content written by other writers
What You Can Expect by Month 6
- Contribute to the broader content strategy
- Help us make sure we communicate our brand consistently in all outward communications
- Suggest new ways in which we can use content to achieve our objectives
"We’re a friendly, close-knit and enthusiastic team of writers and marketers, where you’ll get plenty of opportunities to find mentorship, inspiration, and ultimately your own niche." - Lily Bradic, Content Lead.