100ms is building a Platform-as-a-Service for developers integrating video-conferencing experiences into their apps. Our SDKs enable developers to add gold standard audio-video quality conferencing with much faster shipping times.
100ms allows shipping live conferencing application time in days instead of months, allowing companies to focus on their core business. We are a team uniquely placed to work on this problem. We have built world-record scale live video infrastructure powering billions of live video minutes in a day. We are a remote-first global team with engineers who've built video infrastructure at Facebook and Hotstar.
About The Role
We are looking for a Technical Writer to join our team. At 100ms we think that developer experience is a critical part of the product, and great documentation is essential to great developer experience. Your role will involve writing and maintaining excellent documentation about 100ms and webRTC to help developers and companies achieve success.
- Author and edit guides focused on educating developers on how to build with 100ms and webRTC. Create deep technical content that helps teams migrate to 100ms.
- Support product teams in creating excellent reference documentation.
- Document new features in collaboration with engineers, as well as maintain and improve existing documentation.
- Work closely with the product teams to understand 100ms, the new features being worked on, and the engineering decisions and tradeoffs. Be able to communicate the same to the 100ms community and customers through documentation.
- Work closely with the developer relations and community team on content and resources.
- Be a part of the 100ms community and help to grow it.
- Strong writing and editorial skills.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams including engineering, design, product management, developer relations, and marketing.
- Excellent written & spoken communication skills in English.
- Willingness to travel occasionally for team offsite events Being organized & communicating proactively.
- Prior experience in a technical writing role or experience with similar roles/responsibilities.
Good To Have
- Software engineering experience with web APIs and frontends.
- Good understanding of software engineering fundamentals since software engineers are a key audience for our documentation. Experience with webRTC, HLS, video technologies, and application development.
- Understanding of SEO
- Experience working with open source technology in an enterprise.
- Previous experience with SaaS content marketing.
- You'll be part of a small team at a fast-growing startup.
- You'll work with a team across the globe with experience in video products at places like Facebook and Hotstar.
- You can grow as an individual contributor or as a team leader - freedom to set your own goals.
- You'll work on problems for wide-ranging product lines at scale.