Clever is building a better way to buy and sell real estate, and a platform that educates homeowners. We work with over 5,000 real estate agents, and have saved homeowners thousands on commissions across the country. We participated in Capital Innovators in the fall of 2017, and have since raised $5.25 million. Thousands of homeowners have chosen clever since 2017, and we’re excited to help tens of thousands in the next few years.
Clever was founded 3 years ago to change how real estate is bought and sold. Clever connects home buyers and sellers with experienced, local real estate agents — and helps everyone out in the process.
Buyers and sellers receive the full service and support of a top agent in their area and benefit from cost-savings, like discounted commission rates.
For top real estate agents, Clever provides a constant stream of qualified buyers and sellers. We save agents thousands on marketing costs, and let them focus on what they do best — helping their clients buy and sell homes.
We generate the majority of our business from the fantastic content our team writes, and we’ve gone from less than 10,000 monthly sessions to over 300,000 in the past year. Our content has been featured on Forbes, NBC, Yahoo, Realtor.com, InMan, Politico, among other prominent sites.
As Clever continues to grow and develop, we’re excited for what’s ahead. We know that people are our biggest advantage, and we’ll continue investing in our team members and their professional development. We’re committed to creating strong bonds and an inclusive culture for our team — both in the St. Louis office and remotely.
How You Can Help
As Clever continues to grow, we’re looking to be the best source of education for all things real estate. We think about this in terms of the “Google Test”: If you were Google, would you rank our content higher than what’s already out there? Until the answer is a resounding yes for every article on our site, we know we have more work to do.
As a full-time, in-house content writer, you’ll collaborate with stakeholders across the entire company, from marketing and analytics to engineering to design. Together, we want our writers to become leading voices in real estate education.
We are looking for someone who has experience writing high-quality content that passes the “Google Test.” (If you we're google, would you rank your post #1) You will be responsible for a section of Clever’s website and growing its traffic and leads. This means researching a topic to find unique insights that provide readers with new, useful information and advice.
This can be a tough challenge, but it’s also highly rewarding. You’ll see your work become a dependable source of knowledge for home buyers and sellers. At the same time, you’ll know you’re contributing to the collective success of your team.
You will have the opportunity to pursue professional development and performance-based bonuses. Top writers have a clear path to meaningful compensation, in addition to hundreds of thousands of readers of their work.
Join a small, tight-knit, and growing team committed to making an impact, one piece of content at a time. Our team members come from diverse, and often unconventional backgrounds, but we’re all united by our love for our readers, compassion for supporting our team, and dedication to Clever how we’re transforming the world of real estate!
THE SKILL SET
- You write content that is clear, easy to read, and more engaging than similar content.
- You’re able to communicate complex topics in ways that are relatable and understandable for readers.
- Experience writing for online publications.
- Able to bring unique, thoughtful insights to your content that aren’t already on Google. This can come from research or personal experience.
- An understanding of CRO (conversion rate optimization) and how to incorporate a brand naturally into content when appropriate
- Highly organized and able to manage your time to meet deadlines.
- Proven experience delivering value-based communications.
- Empathy for readers and curiosity to understand their needs and wants.
WITHIN 1 MONTH YOU'LL
- Attend onboarding where you’ll learn about all aspects of the business including sales, marketing, and engineering, while getting to meet your new team members.
- Gain a clear understanding of Clever’s business model, and build a mental map of the types of readers who find Clever online.
- Learn Clever’s CMS, and be able to easily upload and edit posts.
- Develop skills in analyzing data on your post’s performance, to learn where’s their opportunities to improve on in the future.
- Understand and be able to write in Clever’s brand voice.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS YOU'LL
- See how the posts you’ve worked are starting to receive traffic on new posts, or more traffic on updated traffic.
- Be able to consistently edit and create new posts that generate both traffic and leads.
- Become an expert about your specific niche, and be ready to think about expanding to another.
- Your vertical will be performing at or above goal, and you will be eligible for your first bonus.
- Partner cross-functionally with our CRO team to achieve maximum value from your posts.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS YOU'LL
- Have achieved the top rankings for some of your highest value posts.
- Will have built a system that lets you balance your time between nurturing your best posts on Google, leveling up posts to get them on the first page, and generating new content that can provide even more traffic and leads.
- Outperform goals for both traffic and leads.
- Your compensation will increase with your performance, in both salary and equity.
- You will have expanded your content vertical beyond what you were initially hired for.
- You will have built relationships with our team, and have friendships that span outside the office.
- Provide feedback for process improvements which makes the team more efficient.
- Get involved in hiring and growing the team by referring new writers, and potentially helping to interview candidates.
- Help train new writers by participating in team on-boarding sessions.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS YOU'LL
- Take an effective approach to strategic planning in each of your owned verticals; planning out a 12-month roadmap which continuously progresses toward new traffic goals, and new areas of opportunity.
- Be maintaining many top rankings for your highest value posts
- Be an expert in your vertical, and will have your work featured in several top publications and news sites.
40k-$80k based on role and experience.