Investopedia is looking for a remote editor to join our growing team. As an editor, you will revise and augment existing articles to improve the user experience and drive additional traffic. This is a remote position, but applicants must live within the United States and be able to commit at least 20 hours per week (with a maximum weekly commitment of 40 hours). The successful candidate must provide clips that demonstrate their expertise with relevant subject matter. The rate is $30 per hour.
About Your Contributions:
- Review existing articles on a wide variety of topics and revise content in accordance with project instructions
- Identify and update outdated material, including noting where visuals or videos are outdated or no longer accurate
- Identify opportunities to proactively improve content by restructuring, strengthening sourcing, incorporating visual elements, and more
- At least two years experience writing or editing in the business and finance sectors (ideally consumer-friendly, actionable articles)
- Extensive knowledge of one or more of the following: technical analysis, futures/commodities trading, forex trading, options strategies, fixed income strategies, portfolio diversification, dividend investing, value investing, and fundamental analysis
- Comfortable with content management systems
- Detail-oriented, deadline-focused, and independent
- Experience as a financial adviser, banker, mortgage broker, or similar profession a major plus
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree a plus
- Relevant professional certifications (CFA, CPA, CMT) also a plus
Please attach four clips for us to review that demonstrate your subject matter expertise and writing skills; links and pdfs are both acceptable.
Dotdash brands help people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We reach over 90 million people each month, more than 35% of the U.S. online population, according to comScore, and are one of the largest content publishers on the Internet. Dotdash brands collectively have won more than 50 industry awards in the last year alone, and are among the fastest-growing in their categories. Our brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy, Brides, Liquor.com, TreeHugger, Mother Nature Network, and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a firstname.lastname@example.org account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to email@example.com.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.