At Forge, we know our team is our greatest asset. As innovators in the private market, our vision is to deliver a richer future for everyone. We live that vision through our values of being bold, humble and accountable. We experience the value that our vision brings to the world every day, helping the teams behind the greatest innovations of our generation, from space travel to planet-saving, plant-based nutrition and more.
With liquidity solutions, exclusive data and insights and a vibrant marketplace, Forge’s goal is to power a global private market that is transparent, accessible and seamless for companies, their employees and investors. Through Forge, employees can sell their private shares, employers can reward shareholders with pre-IPO liquidity and individual and institutional investors can participate in private unicorn growth.
Forge's differentiated global marketplace addresses rising demand among individual and institutional investors for exposure to private company stocks and it is building a growing network effect with defensible competitive advantages. The Forge marketplace has over 400,000 registered users, including over 123,000 accredited investors.
Private shares have traded in more than 400 companies since inception, representing over $12 billion in volume across 19,000 transactions with buyers and sellers in 70 countries. Through its custody offering Forge Trust, the company has approximately $14 billion in assets under custody and about $600 million of cash across 1.9 million customers.
Needless to say, our ability to offer these powerful financial solutions has generated incredible interest from investors, demand from customers, and a need to grow our team to meet the needs of more companies, teams and innovators in this way.
The Director of Content Strategy is an exciting, senior role in Forge’s growing marketing organization. The team’s remit is to deliver customer engagement and business outcomes through the development of best-in-class content that can be distributed in engaging ways across our various owned, earned and paid channels.
The successful candidate showcases proficiency across the spectrum of content planning and production including written, video and online events, and leverages performance metrics and analysis to deliver rapid optimizations. As such, experience with the strategies and tools to perform these functions will be essential. A typical day will blend ideation, planning and execution, and team collaboration.
Candidates should be ready to demonstrate the ability to field complex requests, synthesize them efficiently, communicate a thoughtfully planned approach, and lead the creation of assets for deployment across a variety of media: web, mobile, email, advertising, social media and more.
You have built scalable content teams through a combination of internal and external resources and have a strong creative and editorial lens through which you assess the quality of the content produced. You are excited about building a practice and core capability from the ground-up.
This role collaborates with teammates in the Marketing organization (growth, comms, product marketing) and interfaces with the Design team. Being open to deep collaboration, feedback, and change is essential to this role.
- Design and own the editorial agenda and calendar that delivers world class written and video content to Forge’s audience of private tech company founders, employees, investors and financial institutions
- Get content in the hands of our audiences: Design distribution strategies to make our content highly discoverable using leading SEO strategies that are shared organically and via paid promotion
- Scale content as a capability: Establish quarterly goals and calendars; set and operationalize metrics we use to evaluate our investments; scale the resourcing model - team and agency partners; develop ways of partnering cross-functionally within Forge to drive business goal
- Build a team of in-house and 3rd party content creators that deliver best-in-class content including short and long form web content, advertising, video assets, sales materials, emails and print collateral
- Manage production and approvals: Oversee the production of all forms of content to align with the calendar on time and on budget; Develop a systems-based workflow and partnership with the compliance and legal teams to ensure content is approved for use.
- 7+ years of experience leading content production/management in high growth companies (FinTech or Financial Services startups or regulated industries preferred)
- A track record of being part of an effective content marketing team
- Deep understanding of how to measure content's impact and connect it to business outcomes
- A systems-based, repeatable approach to content creation
- Extensive experience with online tools that enable the content program to scale effectively
- Strategic thinker who drives tactical execution; can balance long term strategy with short term results
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional time and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines at a time
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time in an office setting while working
Forge is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.