Siege Media is growing! We were nationally recognized on Inc.’s Best Workplaces list and Inc. 5000 list, highlighting the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in America. We currently have a spot open for a talented Content Strategist to help us continue to deliver great work for our clients. Our goal is to make the web a better place by generating content that solves the problems of hundreds of thousands of people each month by the power of search.
We don’t believe in making you sit in long meetings, create pointless reports, or work with people you hate. If you want career growth and the opportunity to help grow a company from the ground up, you’ve come to the right place. Perks include health, vision and dental benefits, 401k, donation matching, career development budget, unlimited PTO, work-from-home equipment, and free pens. Everyone loves free pens.
We have offices in San Diego, Austin, and New York City. This full-time position will be remote (North American applicants only) but if you are located in any of these areas, you will have access to the office and there may be occasional team meetings held when things are safe to do so. Learn more about working at Siege by watching our careers video, and experiencing our culture on Instagram.
Siege Media values diversity. We encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, non-binary, parents and those with disabilities to apply. Through our “Health, Then Work” philosophy we are committed to helping all people succeed at Siege. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete our application or interview process, please let us know.
- Manage and execute content strategy for technical B2B clients with a focus in SEO, with occasional B2C clients as well
- Write effective web copy via vertical research and/or collaboration with clients via phone call or email
- Collaborate with internal designers to develop high quality content to supplement your writing
- Generate creative ideas to develop as content and pitch to select journalists/bloggers on occasion
- Develop SEO-focused content briefs for client writers and/or outside technical writers
- Leverage link building knowledge to use content to generate site authority
- Do whatever it takes to grow the online presence of our clients
- 4+ years in a content marketing role, with your primary focus having been B2B, technical writing or SaaS
- Intermediary SEO skills with working knowledge of popular SEO tools
- Experience with Google Analytics and working with conversion funnels
- Experience speaking with C-level executives and leading strategy discussions
- Demonstratable passion for business, startups, and technology
- Ability to analyze data and create a compelling study end-to-end
- Strong project management skills, with ability to juggle multiple projects while still working effectively
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Close attention to detail, i.e. near perfect grammar and strong editing skills
- Proven ability to generate creative ideas that attract attention on the web
- 2-4 years experience working in an agency or similar marketing environment
- Experience working with a remote team
- Experience using Microsoft Office and/or the Google Doc tool suite
- Experience with email outreach and/or digital PR
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS, with an eye for good web design
Pay for this position depends on experience and skills, but mostly skills.
To apply for this position, please complete the online application and include the following
1. Your resume
2. A short introduction/cover letter
3. Three writing samples
4. Include an outline on a post for the topic “What is malware?”. It should include:
- Titles, subtitles, and any relevant sections
- What kind of business could rank for this and why