New Kind exists to humanize how tech brands are built. We’re looking for a Content Strategist to help.
New Kind is a brand strategy and marketing firm that helps technology companies position themselves, communicate value, and accelerate growth.
We're a B Corp that serves companies that are building the B2B infrastructure of the future—SaaS, open source, AI, blockchain. Crafting brands that help them inspire and compete so they can scale with soul. Our consulting leverages years of expertise in strategy, positioning, messaging, naming, and visual identity.
About The Role
A New Kind Content Strategist is a client-facing position focusing on messaging creation and copywriting. We’re looking for candidates who are strategic brand experts, curious creative thinkers, and exceptional writers.
To thrive in this position, you must have:
Passion for tech
You must be comfortable in the world of B2B technology. Curiosity is key. You must be able to speak the language of enterprise technology. From DevOps to open source to blockchain to Kubernetes. And confidently distill complex information into interesting stories.
Love of language
You must be able to craft powerful ideas with words. To be part brand strategist. Part journalist. Part facilitator. You will create messages that clarify strategy and incite people to act.
You must have a compelling writing voice. And be comfortable communicating across multiple formats: from high-level storytelling to customer-facing headlines. And to present your work with clarity, logic, and confidence.
You must be open to learn and grow in an industry that is always changing. Our clients are on the leading edge of technology solving vital messaging and brand strategy challenges. Our role is to work alongside them. To guide them with confidence and humility. And to work iteratively—together in close collaboration with internal strategists, relationship managers, and designers.
- 2 - 5 years of solid writing experience and samples to show for it, whether you’ve worked in-house, agency, or consulting
- Relevant experience in B2B and enterprise software, SaaS, open source, or related field
- Ability to think strategically, write intentionally, and organize information with clarity and purpose
- Strong copywriting skills with the ability to synthesize complex information and articulate key messaging
- Comfortable telling stories across various formats: from strategic messaging and brand storytelling to traditional copywriting and campaign creative
- Familiarity with SaaS tools, presentation software. Familiarity with virtual collaboration tools a plus.
- Define and develop brand stories, positioning strategy, messaging frameworks, and creative content
- Participate in the discovery process of synthesizing research, interviewing, and facilitating workshops to reveal key themes and messaging
- Write copy for campaign concepts, audience messaging, digital marketing, messaging guides, and sales presentations
- Create lead generation strategies and digital content
- Develop concepts and scripts for videos
- Work iteratively in close collaboration with internal strategists, relationship managers, and designers
- Collaborate with external client teams and creative partners
- Interview client stakeholders and their customers
- Participate in company and product naming projects
- Present concepts with clarity and confidence
- Stay up to date on marketing best practices and trends, sharing knowledge with the broader team
- Craft thought leadership insights
- Assist in New Kind marketing, lead generation, and business development
- Create and implement New Kind’s social media strategy
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Parental leave plans for all new parents
- Paid holidays and flexible personal time off
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Summer Fridays
- Work from home for the remainder of 2021
New Kind is an equal opportunity employer and a certified B Corporation. Becoming a B Corp is a tangible expression of the impact we seek to create, and the principles we hold dear: openness and transparency, employee empowerment, diversity and inclusiveness, responsible corporate governance, and environmental stewardship.