Nava is at the forefront of reimagining how our government serves its people, and we’re looking for a Content Strategist to oversee and work on complex, long-term content projects that drive our mission forward.
In this role, you will work on small teams to drive content strategy forward for programs that affect millions of Americans. You will assist your fellow designers in developing tools, processes, and policies to support effective user-centered communications. Your work will also include drafting, editing, managing, and distributing content.
The content strategist role requires an individual comfortable with rapidly evolving, ambiguous situations who is able to adapt to changing tactical circumstances and chart a course through uncertainty.
You can work remotely, or from one of Nava’s offices in DC, SF, or NYC. This role is open to contractors.
We’re looking for a content strategist or a writer with an interest in content strategy who could assist in administering a distributed editorial model, including:
- Developing and maintaining editorial calendars
- Preparing reports on progress, measured against the team’s goals
- Moving content through through approvals and distribution
Skills and Attributes
Candidates should have a background in writing and editing content in deadline-centered environments and should feel comfortable working with stakeholders to guide them in best practices for effective content.
Nice to Have Skills
- Leverages a human centric approach to building compelling storytelling
- Strategic approach to leveraging multi media as a part of designing and architecting engaging content
- Experience developing content modeling and working with SEO and metadata
- Familiarity with content management systems
- Previous experience developing systems for re-using content and for architecting (organizing) information to be most effective for users is also helpful.
- Comfortable sitting side by side with engineering or delivery management to go through details
- Experience working in an agile, multidisciplinary team environment
What You’ll Do
- Work with leadership and customer-facing teams to create and edit content to be clear, accurate, actionable and edited for style, grammar, and tone
- Help develop content workflows, content templates, and other tools to support a distributed content model
- Reinforce and support governance plans and existing editorial workflow processes
- Attend strategy meetings and contribute expertise to the development of goals and programmatic improvements
- Create deliverables to meet client needs and assist a researched-focused design team in solving client problems with well-reasoned plans, strong communication, creative approaches, and optimism
- Translate technical concepts into formats best-suited for audiences of varying expertise
- Serving as a thought partner to other content and communications partners on the development of new product features
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years of professional experience in writing, communications, content strategy or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, technical and otherwise
- Highly resourceful, reliable, and detail-oriented
- Experience with content curation or editorial planning
- Fluency with cloud based collaboration tools like Google docs and Slack
- Ability to build and form strong relationships with the internal team and external partners
- Self-directed, requiring minimal supervision
- An adaptive, empathetic, collaborative and positive mindset
- Education: Due to contractual requirements, this role requires a Bachelor's Degree (in any discipline) or four years of experience.
- Residency: Lived in United States at least 3 years out of the last 5 years
- You will be required to obtain a public trust clearance.
In your application please provide two writing samples, or links to two places where we can read your writing. Applications that don’t include writing samples won’t be considered.
Remote states Nava is actively hiring in: Arizona, California, Colorado, DC, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington.
If you are not living in one of the states listed above, unfortunately, you will not be considered for a position at this time.
Compensation Range: $92,000 - $126,000
We're a small team working to radically improve our government, so everyone that joins us has a direct impact on the direction and success of Nava. We are stewards – we hold a deep responsibility towards the systems that we work with. We are a community – we value collaboration both within our teams and with the many hardworking people within government. We offer generous benefits and equity.
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Nava. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion not only reflects our values as a public benefit corporation but also enriches our ability to do our work. Learn more about where we are today and hope to be by 2025.
Note: We participate in E-Verify. Upon hire, we will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. This role is required to work from the contiguous United States.