The ideal candidate possesses a passion for writing and an innovative ability to create successful marketing content to drive company growth. You will be responsible for generating exciting and compelling stories and collaterals. In this role, you will report to the Director of Marketing & Communication and be responsible for defining, developing, and executing the content strategy.
Location: Montreal office, hybrid or remote work (Ideal candidate resides in Quebec or Ontario).
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time.
Your Main Tasks And Responsibilities
- Plan, coordinate and execute content strategy & editorial calendar for content creation and distribution
- WRITE a variety of long & short-form copy: press releases, newsletters, blog articles, social media captions, sales collaterals, website copy, white papers, eBooks, ad copy, email campaigns, etc.
- Translate documents (some yourself and some outsourced) to make sure all content is available in French and English
- Optimize and plan website content using SEO best practices
- Gather insight of our industry from a content & keyword perspective including: competitive intelligence and identifying new opportunities, best practices and solutions to help us reach our business objectives
- Create, revise, optimize and recycle content material that will allow us to achieve our content strategy and business objectives (external and internal)
- Work with Sales, Client Solutions & Success and Product teams to develop and adapt sales enablement and product marketing collaterals
- Ensure integrated look & feel for all mediums with other internal stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with our designer to ensure visuals are created for all content
- Small amount of layout / design work
- Manage & coordinate external content contributors
- Measure performance metrics and adjust as needed
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism or relevant work experience
- Experience in SEO and Wordpress
- Fully bilingual (English & French)
- Proofreading skills in both languages
- At least 3-4 years of work experience in related field
- Able to handle multiple types of projects at once (start-up environment)
- Experience using social media for business
- Solid writing and editing skills in French and English
- Time-management & organization skills
- High attention to detail
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite, particularly PowerPoint
- You prioritize the successful completion of a project and ensure that all stakeholders feel as though they have had a positive exchange by the end of it
- You are able to foresee and anticipate problems, solving for them before they compromise deadlines
- You have strong communication skills and do not hesitate to raise flags, expressing your ideas clearly while providing clear direction for where a project needs to go and its current status
- You are organized and keep a documented record of established methods, keeping track of project progress, deliverables, deadlines and action items
- You are confident and energetic. You successfully lead multiple projects simultaneously, handle a fast-paced work environment, take on new challenges, and manage changing priorities/objectives with ease
- You are motivated by challenge and incremental wins, with a positive attitude
- You demonstrate strong integrity, honesty and loyalty towards the organization, its employees and its clients.