As an Editorial/Content Specialist Intern, you will join a dynamic 30-person startup streamlining the painful and stressful process of renovating. You will collaborate with our editor, account management team, general contractors, and homeowners to create engaging content that resonates with our audience, learn and implement search engine optimization, partner with our social media manager and PR team, and understand the dynamics of remote team collaboration.
This role is perfect for someone who is excited to share their passion for renovation and home design and tell stories through compelling, user-friendly copy and design.
Position Type: The internship is 20 hours per week, but potentially up to 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday.
Length/Duration: The fall semester, but has potential to last longer
- Handle inbound public relation inquiries professionally and quickly
- Coordinate end-to-end content production on Sweeten’s blog
- Source and organize content from experts, homeowners, and general contractors
- Develop interesting new content using Sweeten resources and imagery
- Learn and implement our brand style and voice
- Work with Sweeten’s photo archive for media and blog content
- Organize and manage blog archive
- Conduct user research to uncover actionable insights for improving content
- Handle administrative tasks related to the blog
- Report directly to our Blog Editor and support Content Manager to help develop best practices for future success and growth
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong grasp of grammar and style
- Passion for storytelling
- Meticulous attention to detail; highly organized in a fast-paced startup environment
- A self-starter, with a strong work ethic who is professional in every interaction
- Flexibility and versatility in performing long-term tasks and immediate requests
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Proficient in WordPress
- Strong executive function; ability to work remotely
- Send a cover letter and resume detailing what you could bring to the position
- Provide links to past published work, blog posts, and social media
- Prior professional experience
This position pays $15/hr.