We're looking for a full-time content specialist to play a central role in helping people be more productive at work through better tactics, tools, and automation. As a Content Specialist at Zapier, you'll join a small team that fulfills content needs across Zapier to support successful marketing and product initiatives.
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
You're a content generalist. You have at least 3+ years of experience writing and editing a wide variety of content for online audiences. You're a creative and versatile writer who is equally comfortable crafting short and snappy headers for a new product landing page or producing informative eBooks on the value of automation for marketers. You're also comfortable copyediting the work of your peers to ensure every piece of content we produce meets our style guide and standards.
You want to tell stories that get results. You have a knack for shifting your tone and perspective depending on your target audience. You jump in to interview stakeholders—whether it's a customer with an innovative use case, a partner who wants to illustrate the power of their Zapier integration to their users, or a product team lead who wants to launch a new feature—and use that information to write compelling, conversion-focused copy.
You're a team player. You realize that the work you do contributes to the company's goals and mission of teaching everyone to be more productive and establishing Zapier as the leading authority on work software and productivity. You can work and collaborate with different departments and external stakeholders.
No draft is sacred. You rewrite introductions until they don't resemble their former selves, obsessively check for unnecessary words, and welcome editing feedback.
Learning brings satisfaction. When you approach a foreign subject, you don't let your lack of knowledge stand in the way—even if it requires dozens of Google searches.
Efficiency is important. At Zapier, the work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. You set up systems and processes that let you increase your impact to be larger than yourself as an individual contributor.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a startup, so you'll get experience with a little bit of everything. That said, here are some things you'll do:
- Produce a variety of content such as eBooks, blog posts, webinar decks, and landing pages to support marketing goals
- Copyedit content to ensure it meets our company style guide and best practices
- Identify and pitch content ideas to show the value of the Zapier product and our partner apps to a variety of audiences
- Write email nurture campaigns to support various customer journeys
- As part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best possible experience with Zapier
Zapier helps people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: Remote, North America
Our distributed environment lets us work with the best people. You don't have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Travel of 5% - 10% for company retreats which rotate to various cities throughout North America
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to UK, Canada, and US-based employees.
How to Apply: We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please make sure to answer each question. After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.