Ellipsis Marketing is a forward-thinking digital marketing agency for WordPress businesses. WordPress powers 40% of the internet and we support its product and service economy with digital marketing.
We sit at the intersection of digital marketing and the WordPress ecosystem, serving agencies who sell websites to the biggest companies in the world, and product businesses who sell functionality to WordPress users. We help our clients reach millions of users and are helping make the web more powerful and easier to use.
We’re market-leaders in our area, and are helping drive rapid growth in the WordPress economy. Between us, we have the in-house skills to deliver marketing strategy and implementation for some of the best WordPress businesses in the market.
As a 100% remote team, we carefully balance collaboration with an environment that enables everyone to do their best work.
We each bring our own strengths and the independence to shape our agency as it grows quickly. It’s an exciting time to join us :)
About The Role
As our Content Specialist (freelance), you’ll work with our content team to support our content process. This will involve creating SEO-focused outlines for our writers, edits to content we receive, and helping the process run smoothly.
We produce a large volume of SEO content for clients each month. That content helps people choose our clients’ products. The content we create goes through a robust process, and you’ll help us add capacity to this process.
This role would suit someone with existing editorial or content marketing experience. You’ll see a lot of content and have the opportunity to learn a lot about content marketing, SEO, and content processes.
Your attention to detail and editing must be excellent. You won’t need to write articles from scratch, but you’ll need to be confident doing some writing and getting to grips with complex or technical subject matters, quickly. This will help you create content outlines, edit existing content, and sometimes respond to client queries directly.
Most of our content is about WordPress and WordPress products. Some existing experience with these is helpful, but we will provide training on these. We’ll value candidates with excellent editorial skills who can show they can learn quickly and work proactively
This is a freelance role. We’re anticipating this to be ~2-3 days/week but this will vary as per the business’ needs.
Activity in This Role Will Be Broken Down as Follows
- 40% Editorial checks and improvements for content about WordPress
- 40% SEO-focused content outline creation
- 20% Project management and content coordination
Content Coordination, Communication and Task Management
- Keep content moving through defined processes
- Research and write content outlines
- Identify and make content improvements for clients’ existing content
- Respond to and distribute client feedback as appropriate
- Update all relevant documents/material relating to client management
- Proofreading, copyediting and copywriting for SEO/editorial articles
Requirements: Hard Skills
- Excellent English editorial skills
- Proven experience writing, proofreading and editing
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Experience working remotely
- Overlap with European time (GMT/CET) is desirable, but we’ll consider applications from anywhere in the world
- WordPress user (advanced usage desirable but not essential), GSuite
- Some knowledge of SEO, CRO and marketing methodology. We’ll also provide training on this
Requirements: Soft Skills
- Fantastic communication skills: Remote work relies on mutual trust, so frequent and clear written communication is essential
- Receptive to feedback and solutions-oriented: We share and learn from each other honestly, openly and easily
- Proactive problem-solver: You’ll need to quickly get to grips with complex and technical topics, independently
- High level of self-awareness, a “people person”: You’ll be communicating with the team and writers on a daily basis, so this is an integral part of the role
- Proven organisational skills: You must be obsessive with deadlines, managing and updating tasks, and totally reliable
- Self-driven work ethic: You need to be self-motivated, comfortable taking the initiative and seeing your work through to completion
Bonus Points If You Have
- Knowledge of the WordPress product industry
- SEO expertise beyond basic keyword research
- Familiarity with project management and remote-work tools, e.g. Basecamp
- Knowledge of B Corp ethical business principles
Compensation And Benefits
- This is a freelance, 100% remote role. Work from home, or the beach!
- Our hourly rate range for this position is $25-30/hour
- The hours/week are flexible, and we’ll value candidates who can offer flexibility as we need it
- You’ll work for a sustainable, ethical company.
The Application Process
It’s important we find the best candidate for this position, and our selection process will reflect this. We’re expecting to carry out two rounds of interviews by video call, and a (paid) freelance trail project before we start.
We’re fortunate to receive a large volume of applications, so make your application stand out. Please pay special attention to the main responsibilities of this role, and “how to apply”.
We do great work for clients and are building an ethical business that lets everyone do their best work. If you think you could be the next person to work with us, please apply :)
How To Apply
Please apply through the form linked below. We will decide who progresses to the next stage based on the form you submit, and your CV. Please give us a good reason to select you! Taking the time to research the role, see who we are, what we do, and communicate what you can do for us will increase your chance of success. Your cover letter is where you have the space to do this.
Ellipsis is an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity.
The deadline for submission is the end of the day, BST on 20th June 2021. We will start processing applications after this date, so expect to hear from us in the final week of June. We’ll be in touch whether we're proceeding or not.