Love to write? So do we. Here at Alloy, content is the foundation of our marketing. We focus 100% on organic inbound through high-quality articles, case studies, guides, landing pages, social media posts, and any other content projects WE can dream of together. This is THE opportunity for someone highly creative, with a passion for educating and entertaining through content. Oh and you’ll learn a ton from our Content Marketing Lead (who you’ll report to), and help you grow and hone your own craft even further.
We win together, learn together.
What You'll Be Doing
- Content Marketing: You will support in defining the blog strategy; researching topics, trends, and keywords; and crafting compelling narratives based on interviews with customers and other subject matter experts.
- Content Creation: Deliver high-quality content within fast-paced production cycles, while elevating our content quality and pushing out more content that hits the mark to our growing audiences. With support from other writers, so you’ll also peer edit and review content from others and the broader team.
- Make a (BIG) Dent: You will also work closely with the go-to-market team, including sales, customer success, and product, to create the best messaging to drive readers down the funnel and contribute to marketing and company goals (sales enablement, copywriting for landing pages and social media, etc)
- Research & Insights: Help us set our content priorities and strategy by leveraging data, trending topics, articles, detailed briefs, and news to suggest articles for the Alloy Blog (or other content projects) and make informed decisions. So you’ll also develop content personas and customer insights through research.
- Think Big Picture: You’ll be flexible to the needs of the team and not afraid to put projects on hold if more important opportunities come up. So you’ll use your natural curiosity to understand your audience, ask your teammates questions, and collect feedback to continuously improve.
- Learn & Grow: We move and ship quickly here, so you’ll keep up with our pace and proactively deepen your understanding of our market, customers, and product, and how it informs content marketing
Skills & Experience We're Excited About
- A+ Writing: You’re an excellent writer, communicator and self-editor, with experience drafting long-form (that’s optimized for search) and short-form content for a technical product (even better if it’s one developers use). You also know how to work off a detailed content brief.
- LOVE for Research: You know how to find the best stats to back up your argument, you’re not afraid to reach out to subject matter experts to discover unique points of view, and you know how to use content tools like Semrush and Clearscope to optimize your articles for search engines.
- Collaboration: Assertive with humility—able to lead change in a positive way. Maintains high standards for verbal and written communication, and is always professional under pressure whether engaging with clients or colleagues. You also demonstrate a willingness to ask questions across departments.
- Agility: Highly adaptive in the face of ambiguous and complex problems, taking a flexible and open-minded approach to new challenges. Able to seamlessly alternate between various tasks and roll with the punches when things change.
- Data fluency: You like working with data and insights. You’re able to use Google Analytics and other tools to review and synthesize your content data and use it to make informed decisions about your projects.
Why work at Alloy?
We’re growing quickly - We've raised $27M to date and anticipate growing to nearly 40 people by end of 2022.
We’re diverse & distributed - We work remotely across 6 time zones, and our team is highly diverse from an age, gender, and background perspective. We move fast, but also find time to laugh, get to know more about each other's cultures and backgrounds, and show off our great (and horrible) cooking.
We stay on top of trends - We’re power users of tools like Figma, Jira, & Notion, and also know a thing or two about memes.
We build for our customers - We keep a good pulse on how our merchants are doing, and their problems, which is what allows us to discover new opportunities and areas for growth. We do this by running regular product feedback sessions, and engaging a dedicated customer community.
We’re ambitious, like you - We’re relentlessly optimistic that we can build this crazy automation tool that will change the way millions of people work once they have their hands on it.
We’re backed by the best - We’re backed by leading VCs like a16z, Bain Capital, YC and the founders of brands like Rent the Runway & Italic, and the people behind tech unicorns like Attentive, ShipBob, & Webflow believed in us early and are invested in our success.