Neil Patel has been recognized by the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and the United Nations, to name a few, as one of the most influential and successful marketers and entrepreneurs in the world. NP Digital is the agency that brings his passion and insights to life for the world’s more important brands.
NP Digital focuses on creating innovative, adaptive, and data-driven digital marketing plans for our clients. Obsessed with helping companies grow and exceed their goals, NP Digital delivers on the mission of continually helping brands connect and engage with their audience.
NP Digital combines proprietary platforms with best in class talent to deliver leading edge experiences centered around: paid and organic search, social, content, retargeting, performance display, feed management and conversion rate optimization.
About the Opportunity
Neil Patel Digital (NP Digital) is seeking a skilled, professional, and detail-oriented Content Writer to join our production team for ongoing writing needs in various industries. The ideal candidate has knowledge/experience writing and editing website copy with an understanding of search engine optimization (SEO) best practices. Our ideal writer has the capacity to write educational, often technical, research - backed copy in an informative, clear, accessible way to help readers understand complex information.
In this role, you will be expected to brainstorm, research, create, and transform ideas into the following types of deliverables:
- Product descriptions
- FAQ pages
- Landing pages
- Sales copy
This team member should have a well-rounded understanding of multiple digital marketing techniques, the ability to clearly communicate and collaborate, effective time management skills, and the ability to self-edit all work.
Reporting to the Content Manager, the Content Production Specialist - Writer will work closely with the content production team to help bring a client’s digital marketing strategy to life with the written word.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Own content creation and editing for our clients across website and blog copy, with ability to apply SEO-best practices. Tasks may include writing core pages (website copy), landing pages, and larger content pieces deemed important to the client’s business, with Content Lead’s assignment direction.
- Collaborate with Content Manager/Content Leads on numerous accounts, attending regular meetings with clients and internal teams to fully understand a client’s copy needs, assist with maintaining client content briefs, and to establish strong relationship with client/point-of-contact.
- Conduct research on current and prospective markets and competitors in order to create well-written and well-researched copy.
- Research the technical properties of clients’ products and services to determine what makes products appealing to consumers in order to develop unique, new concepts.
- Ensure that deliverables meet or exceed all deadlines.
- Assist with creating comprehensive, informative content briefs to help writers create copy that aligns with client tone, voice, style points, and goals.
- Revise, edit, and proofread content for spelling and grammar errors, tone and voice, and client’s preferred style.
- Communicate with management, Client Services, and other internal teams on key project metrics, timelines, and campaign goals.
- Daily use of project management tools, reporting, analytics, and trend tools.
- At least 2 years of writing/editing experience, with an established SEO/writing portfolio. In-house or freelance Content Writing experience for clients within a digital marketing agency highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication, English or similar specialty preferred.
- Proficient in using various writing styles and guidelines, including Associated Press (AP) and AMA Manual of Style, and familiarity with using brand style guides.
- Extensive knowledge and experience using Microsoft Word, including track changes.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to receive feedback from multiple internal teams and client point-of-contact.
- Overall knowledge and experience of major digital marketing strategies.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple priorities and complete assignments within deadline.
- A passion for writing.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of NP Digital.
We value our best-in-class company culture, which is results-driven, innovative, fast-paced and fun. We encourage our employees to work with an entrepreneurial spirit while applying a businesslike approach. We provide comprehensive benefits including medical (100% coverage for employees and 50% for dependents on base HMO plan) and 100% coverage for employee-only dental. Other benefits offered include flexible paid time off, vision, FSA, life insurance, company paid parking and/or commuter program (depending on location), and a 401k program with employer match and immediate vesting. As an organization, we take a proactive role in investing in our employee’s professional development. We believe our employees are our greatest asset and welcome those who share our vision and drive to build great things together.