VertiStudio is a self-funded company, hiring 20+ people all over the world. Together, we run a profitable and bootstrapped business for more than nine years. We're a friendly team of designers, developers, bloggers, testers and marketers having a great time building our web properties such as CodeinWP.com, Themeisle.com, and others.
We’re expanding our presence in the blogging and WordPress communities, bringing new products on board, and we need your help to make that happen. We’re looking for someone to join our team and take the role of blog operations manager.
Most of the content we publish touches on topics like: websites and website creation, web tools, WordPress, online business, web hosting, web software, email marketing tools and strategies, surveys covering the above. We publish around 7-10 articles per week across the web properties and blogs in our portfolio.
You'll take a role in managing our content creation workflow and making sure that every week we have enough content lined up for publication. You'll also take part in our content calendar planning and setting the direction for blog content going forward.
You are free to work whenever and wherever suits you best. However, we do ask for a few hours of overlap each day to coordinate with the team.
What You'll Be Doing
Depending on your skills and experience, you will be doing some or all of the following:
- Agreeing on deadlines with writers and keeping track of them.
- Taking care of our content calendar - adding posts to it, making sure each of our blogs has enough content coming in every week.
- Doing initial review of new content pieces.
- Publishing new content on the blogs.
- Managing our workflow with content updates (based on set processes and guidelines).
- Optimizing content before publication (in terms of SEO, presentation).
- Creating and setting featured images.
- Doing keyword research, suggesting new topics based on our content guidelines and strategy.
- Analyzing the results of our content in terms of traffic, position. This is done through Google Analytics and other tools of similar nature.
- Identifying content gaps and opportunities.
- Two years of experience in a content manager or similar role (blog manager).
- Basic knowledge of WordPress - working with WordPress interfaces, creating content, putting together a well-structured post. Experience with the block editor in WordPress.
- Good keyword research skills - identifying keywords, matching to search intent, evaluating keyword difficulty.
- Good grasp of technical SEO (links, images, metadata, structured data).
- Must be able to understand (and preferably write) English on an advanced level.
- Ability to create professional-looking screenshots.
- Must be highly detail oriented and organized, especially when it comes to managing workflows involving a lot of moving parts - different deadlines, tasks, articles, people writing them.
- Good at project management. Can communicate with multiple people involved in a project and manage the rest of the workflow based on input from those people.
- Excellent communication skills.
Nice to Have
- Experience managing WordPress infrastructure, configuring plugins, working with basic WordPress code, optimizing a WordPress site.
- Experience writing content for the web and/or editing it.
- An understanding of the WordPress niche, web hosting, and web software niches (like email marketing, website builder platforms, etc.).
- Experience with Google Analytics.
- Experience with tools like Canva.
- A basic grasp of HTML and CSS.
Other Details About the Position
- Type of contract: per hour - part time to full time volume
- Location: remote
- Salary range: $20-$45 / hour depending on candidate’s experience
- Recruitment process steps: application form, pre-screening, interview, trial period
Use the application form (button up top).
If you need more information or would like to know more about the project, feel free to ask.